How much do you spend on fireworks?

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by dissn_it • Jun 25, 2012.

1. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    It seems like we spend too much money on fireworks every year. It seems like it is just a way to watch money literally go up in smoke! We try to start with a budgeted amount and get a value package. We end up getting a few extra items and before you know it, we have spent too much on them again! I'd say we at least spend $100 every year. How much do you spend on fireworks?

2. saizo6

saizo6Active Member

Threads:
    Nothing for me. Fireworks is illegal in the county I'm living in. It gets way too hot around here and the concern for wildfires caused by stray fireworks sparks are really high. Mind you, people will still drive to a different county to buy them but you wouldn't be able to find any where I live. This isn't really a bad thing because we used to spend way too much money on them anyways.

3. QuatreHiead

QuatreHieadMember

Threads:
    I think in the past we usually just stick to our budget on fireworks. If we start getting over the $50 mark we call it quits. That assumes that we decide to go overboard. Most of the time since we are not technically allowed to have them, we just end up going to free shows in a nearby city. I think once upon a time when I was younger we could that is why we went out to purchase, now I believe small sparklers are legal, but that is about it. Besides, going out to the public shows are typically a lot more fun and less hassle for doing it yourself. Not to mention often times they are free to view so a lot of money saved!

4. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I spend exactly $0. Fireworks and even sparklers have been illegal since I was a child, so I've felt no need to double the risk of playing with fireworks by also getting a citation. I think the more they made them illegal, the more people have gotten hurt trying to sneak around and set them off.

5. Jennifer

JenniferActive Member

Threads:
    There are only a very few designated areas where fireworks are allowed to be set off by the public in our town. This is due to the potential injury factor and also the fact that the animals become traumatised by the loud sounds. It seems that fireworks are becoming less and less popular as they are quite expensive to buy, especially now that everyone is feeling the economic pinch. Personally, if they had to ban fireworks completely I will be only too happy.

6. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I've never bought fireworks. I always took my kids to organised displays, as it's safer, as well as cheaper. Even if you have to pay to get in, you'll get a much bigger and better display than you could hope to achieve at home, and it makes a special occasion even more special. Fireworks are a big thing here in Spain - almost every week there's a display somewhere nearby.

7. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    The last time we bought fireworks was when I was a child...and that is becoming increasingly a long time ago. We do go to designated areas in order to watch fireworks at the appropriate times though. It is so much fun and entrance if often free but when there is a fee and it is reasonable, we pay it. Fireworks is just so magical...

8. Imoverthere

ImoverthereMember

Threads:
    For me, I don't buy fireworks. I'm not really a big fan on using them, mostly because they're always used around here anyways during Independence Day that it gets pretty smokey outside. Not my favorite thing, so I just leave it to everyone else. Besides, my grandparents live very close to Disneyland so if I stop by their house, I could get a very easy and free spot to watch their firework show.

9. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Fireworks are also illegal in my city. If I want to see fireworks, I have to go to a legal firework show. My family never used them when I was a kid as my mom thought they were too dangerous.

10. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOnActive Member

Threads:
    We bought then for the first time this year and spent less than $30. That is all we needed anyways a few bangers and a few fountain one for the kids and we were fine. I had a friend that bought a $200 kit for some ungodly reason. He doesn't even have any kids. He is a big kid that throws his money away.

11. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    I spend about the same every year. It does cost quite a bit just for the one day, but then again it's only one day of the year and a lot of fun. You could opt for going to a fireworks display somewhere in your local area and save money, maybe buy a few for later on the night when you get back home. If you buy them a few months before fireworks night, you'll save on cash that way because the prices go up the closer it gets to the day.

12. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    I don't buy fireworks myself. They are not legal to set off here unless you have the special pyro license. We go to watch the professional fireworks tho, they are quite fun :) I wish we could set them off here, but on the other hand it is cheaper to watch the big ones! We can see fireworks from our house 2 nights in July and a short walk to see another set, so we are good.

13. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:

I don't recall even getting to play with sparklers. I just had to watch the kids whose parents didn't care about them like my loving mother cared about me :rolleyes: have a bunch of fun with them. :D

14. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    I am not anti-fireworks but I just can't money and watch it light the sky and fades away. If I already have kids maybe I could consider buying it yearly but then I don;t care about fireworks as of late so I'll just save my money for rainy days. :D

15. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    Fireworks is part and parcel of festivals when I was a kid. So when I had my own kids, I didn't want them to miss out on the fun I had. Each year, I spent maybe less than 100usd on fireworks. My kids saved up their own pocket money to buy more than that actually. The way I see it, so long as proper safety precautions are observed and practiced, it's just a lot of fun. Yes, it's like burning money but the joy of playing with fireworks is worth the money.

16. G4rud4f7

G4rud4f7New Member

Threads:
    The good thing in my country is that fireworks are not illegal and we can get to use them with total ownership however we are restricted with the time of usage of it.
    My family spends over 180$ on fireworks, although I've grown old of them, my brothers find it hard to miss them out.

17. deannatroupe

deannatroupeMember

Threads:
    Zip. Zilch. Nada. It would be my luck that my kids would blow up their hands or something. No thanks. I'll pass.

18. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    Zero dollars! I remember my parents buying them when I was smaller, and they weren't a lot either. Just those little sparkler type ones that lasted a couple minutes. I usually just go watch a free firework show somewhere else. Saves money in the long run and I don't have to worry about getting injured with these things.