How Much Do You Spend On Gift Wrapping?

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by DrRipley • Dec 19, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I always just end up getting cheap gift wrappers during the holidays because usually I've already spent most of my budget on gifts. I usually just buy the cheapest wrappers and a few gift bags for items that don't come in boxes. I still wish sometimes that my gifts looked better though so I'm thinking of spending more for nicer and more elaborate wrappers.

How much do you guys spend on wrapping? Do you pay attention to the quality of the wrappers of the gifts given to you?

2. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    The only time I pay attention to the quality of the paper wrapping is if it is exceptional. I don't spend much on my wrapping paper. I just go to the Dollar Tree (US) and pick out something I like fairly well and go with it. I do tend to use ribbons and bows to make packages pretty. There again, though, I get those at the Dollar Tree as well. Shoot. Some of the people my husband and I exchange gifts with don't bother wrapping at all. They'll just hand you something in a plastic or paper sack from whatever store it came from. I wouldn't do that, but if that's the way they want to do it then I reckon it's alright by me.
    Years ago I used to use brown paper with colorful ribbons and bows a lot. Or the funny pages to wrap gifts for kids. And paper, all paper, used to be of a much better quality than it is today. Now days you have to be very careful not to tear the corners when you're wrapping your gifts. Even so, they end up looking pretty enough.

3. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also don't spend a lot of money on gift wrapping paper. It just gets ripped off and thrown in the trash. I do like quality paper so I wait until after Christmas to buy quality gift paper at 80 to 90% off retail. In a pinch, I will buy cheap paper at the Dollar Tree or 99 Cent Only stores.

4. dandeliion

dandeliionMember

Threads:
    Honestly, I reuse a lot of gift bags but that being said, I still do enjoy picking out wrapping supplies. I know they can be pricey, but I just think it adds that extra special touch. Target always has a great selection and the prices aren't too outrageous. I am an awful wrapper, though so I usually have to spend a little more on gift bags haha.

5. NikkiDesrosiers

NikkiDesrosiersActive Member

Threads:
    i love wrapping gifts. I always enjoy finding new ways to decorate packages and making them feel neat and pretty. I really like bows and ribbon - i also like making wrapping paper out of scrapbook paper - makes the gift feel so -- custom and expensive.