How much do you spend on Halloween candy each year?

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by joyful728 • Oct 29, 2014.

1. joyful728

joyful728Active Member

Threads:
    In our old neighborhood, we got more than 100 trick or treaters every year. I spent at least 80 bucks or so on Halloween candy. (I know that seems insane now)

I don't think my current neighborhood gets many trick or treaters because of the location, but I wouldn't know because last year I took my kids somewhere.

So I'm just curious how much do you personally spend on Halloween candy each year?

2. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I don't celebrate Halloween, so I've never spent any money on candy to give away. However, today, I did take advantage of the sales and bought two bags of candy, so $5.00. I don't think I would even allow my kids to go trick or treating nowadays. It was dangerous when I was a kid, now, I would think it would be asking for trouble.

3. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't spend any money on Halloween candy. Most of the kids here attend school sponsored Halloween parties. I also live in a gated apartment complex. I usually go out for Halloween like a party or going to the movies. This year I will be hanging out with my friends.

4. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Halloween isn't a big deal around here where I live. And it's the same in the country where I was born. So, I grew up without it making a big impression on me. Naturally, it follows, that I don't spend any money on it at all. Although, I have to say, I do like to buy a pumpkin, cut a face into it, and stick a couple of candles inside it. I like that custom. :)

5. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    i don't get that many trick or treaters at my place. I probably only spend about 15 dollars on candy. I end up eating some of it too :) I don't know what I would do with 100 trick or treaters! That's so much candy.

6. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    I spent about 40 dollars on candy, and ingredients to make homemade treats as well. Actually it doesn't amount to all that much in the end, slightly over a kilogram of treats I think. If the kids don't empty it I'll be more than happy to eat it myself! :p

7. soultakerkage

soultakerkageMember

Threads:
    I don't like to spend more than $20 on candy. You can get good deals on bundles of candy from a lot of dollar stores. Homemade treats are a good idea but my wife and I really don't have time to make a bunch of them.

8. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I would love to make home made treats to pass out to the kids, especially since craft stores sell those big bags of chocolate wafers that you can melt down into all sorts of stuff, but I am almost certain all the parents would simply toss them out just to be safe.

We would spend about $40 as well at each of our houses (my parents, my sisters, etc) for about 100 kids, but I don't get any trick or treaters at my place specifically because it's an apartment complex and strangers can't get into my building or hallway without keys.

I've also been considering looking into buying some fun toys in bulk and passing those out instead of candy for a change of pace.