How much is your mobile discount

Discussion in Landline & Mobile Phone Networks started by APluckeyduck • Apr 28, 2013.

1. APluckeyduck

APluckeyduckMember

Threads:
    Most mobile companies offer a discount to employees and members of various businesses but its getting harder to figure out which discount is better. I'd like to start a thread to share the discount you receive from your carrier and why. I'm a Sprint customer and I receive 18% discount for being a University of Phoenix student. Are you getting a dsicount?

#1Apr 28, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
  2. sking61

sking61Member

Threads:
    I'm actually under a family plan. The account holder has a 15% employee discount off of her bill every month with Sprint. It really is a big difference.

3. dashboardc33

dashboardc33Active Member

Threads:
    I am through Sprint. I was getting a 10% discount through my husband's work but was able to get a 15% discount through my credit union. 15% isn't much, but it all adds up. Sprint was the cheapest service I could find the iPhone anyways with a family plan. Plus, it is unlimited data which is definitely a plus! I know you can find great deals and discounts all over if you look. You just have to think of what organizations you belong to. School, work, bank, etc. Chances are you will get some kind of discount.

4. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    I don't get a discount now, but I have worked at a job in the past that gave me a discount with a choice of Verizon or Sprint. It was a long time ago, but if I remember correctly it was 20% off Verizon and I think it was less off of Sprint. I didn't have Sprint so I can't remember how much it was. I don't have a contract cell phone anymore either.

5. EdenSB

EdenSBActive Member

Threads:
    I actually got the opposite. I had to pay about $15 more than most people in this country (total cost was about $75), because I'm a foreigner here and apparently they've had foreigners run off with their phones before paying off their phones in the past.

I changed to using a non-contract phone. I outright brought a phone, but even then they were still going to charge the marked up foreigner price. Now I'm using a pay as you go plan.

6. maurovis

maurovisNew Member

Threads:
    I usually get discounts but only because I'm very active in looking for new deals and promotions. I find this works not only with mobile but with internet and cable providers as well. If you call the current company your with and just tell them that you're getting a better deal somewhere else, they usually give you some sort of discount to stay with them.

7. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    Wow, that doesn't sound fair! I no longer have a contract phone either and I have saved a lot of money with the prepaid cell. Plus I get unlimited text and data for much cheaper then the big contract companies are charging so I am happy with prepaid.

8. Lorigh

LorighNew Member

Threads:
    I was an old Cingular customer, and At&T honored my 15% discount. However, I think in the long run, it will be cheaper to go with Wal-Mart, so I am gradually switching all our phones over to that plan.

9. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I used to do internship at the hospital as an Ophthalmic Technician student, which I would get a 15% discount on my AT&T bill. When I switched from AT&T to T-Mobile, I was offered $10 discount each month because I'm an Optometry student at the clinic in which I am doing my internship at. T-Mobile considers I'm part of the medical profession, which is very nice of them to offer such a discount to me.

10. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    I had received a 20% discount through my old employer with AT& T. I no longer work there, but it was great to get that big of a discount. Every penny helps these days.

11. themarting

themartingActive Member

Threads:
    I currently get a 30% Time Warner discount through AT&T. I think its the largest discount available. I LOVE it.

It comes off the base rate and any data plans over 30 bucks, but not off of the base rate for the secondary line.

12. MrsWilson2012

MrsWilson2012Member

Threads:
    I had a 20% discount through AT&T, but recently switched to Straight Talk Mobile, because it's cheaper than AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, or Verizon, even with the discounts they offer,and I still get good coverage. Plus, it uses AT&T cell towers, so I just use AT&T phones that are unlocked from the original mobile carrier!