How Much Would You Pay For A Haircut?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by ladydaydream • Jun 28, 2016.

1. ladydaydream

ladydaydreamNew Member

Threads:
    Hi there. It's been a while since I've gotten a trim since moving to a new area, and it got me thinking; how much would you guys pay for a haircut, maximum? For a super complex cut and really elaborate style, I know it's sometimes necessary to dole out a fistful of cash, but I'm not usually one to go for that kind of style anyway. I usually find myself paying around $15-$30 dollars, depending on how upscale the salon is and how much I want chopped off.

This isn't including things like dying or styling, just a cut. What about you guys? How much?

2. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    I don't go to a salon to have my hair cut. I do it myself as this is a lot cheaper. But if I was to go to a salon the most I'd be willing to pay would be around $15. Anything over that I'd find too expensive. That being said though I haven't seen anywhere near me that's that cheap in a long time so I don't know if it's even possible to get a hair cut for that sort of money. I would think any extras would add a decent chunk of cash to the cost though.

3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Where I live in Hawaii on Oahu,. I take the #2 bus to go shopping at Kamehameha Shopping Center and I pass every time these 2 places to go get a trim or style for just $8! 1410 is the place that has a big sign haircuts for $8. PPJ has a Senior Citizen hair cut for $8. Fantastic prices and at Nuuanu Street in the heart of Oahu on the Leeward side there is a Salon School that charges the last time I went which was over 5 yrs. ago $7 for a hair cut even for women. Institute for Hair Design is the name of the school that has students cutting your hair with teachers watching all the time. Thus I check at other places like Fantastic Sams that's at most shopping centers and they charge $15 for not too long hair cuts locally. I cut my own hair with the help of my Mom for the back and a vacuum cleaner for the side, Flowbee job hair cut. I trim my Mom's hair for free and she loves to have it short.

4. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08Active Member

Threads:
    To be honest, i have been cutting my own hair for several years now. So, i guess i don't pay anything.

5. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I find that paying from $30-$50 would be acceptable. 50 for me is already a little bit on the expensive side. But I would accept it depending on the hair stylist and the hair place, if it is good quality, it might be worth it.

6. Moroccanbeauty2266

Moroccanbeauty2266Active Member

Threads:
    I think paying a maximum of $ 40 is okay for a haircut. Here where I live there are places you can get a simple haircut for $ 15! Maybe you have a friend or know a friend of a friend who knows how to professionally cut and style your hair :)

7. cluckeyo

cluckeyoActive Member

Threads:
    I pay $25 and I get a very nice cut about every 2 months, in the comfort of my own home. My niece is an Aveeda stylist and does jobs on the side. Every couple of months she packs her gear and drives around 80 miles to get here and she gives 4 cuts that day. We each pay her what we can. More from some, less from others

8. MomOfThree1980

MomOfThree1980New Member

Threads:
    If I go to the hair salon for a hair cut it's the full deal...cut, style, shampoo/condition, and usually highlights or lowlights. I spend about $120-150 but that's only about once a year.

9. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The upscale salon here charges an arm and a leg, so to speak, that's why I seldom go to salons in the mall. In our village, there are several salons that I can choose from and I do not have to travel far. In fact, I had been there today for my pedicure because an ingrown nail it giving me pain. But I did not get a haircut for I just had it the other week. Well, a haircut here costs $10 that included the tip already. You can see the big smile of the salon attendant with that amount. But going to big time salons, you can double the cost.

10. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    These days it depends on the salon and where it is, but there is always Groupon where you can get a good offer for a haircut. I think $30 is very cheap, but if you are expected to tip as well, then it could bump up the price. However, cheap is not always good as I had one cheap cut and it wasn't great and I had to keep watching the hairdresser to make sure they didn't make any mistakes.

11. Casiox

CasioxActive Member

Threads:
    Well, it's pretty hilarious because whenever it comes to haircuts I have a friend of mine, which learned to do that thing the last year and he's actually one of the best barbers around my local area, I personally like the way he cuts my hair because he does what I want him to do with no exception and he also helps me out a little bit as well, it's always good because I do not pay him too much, I always hook him up with 1-2 bucks :D

12. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't spent money on my hair in years. Well, aside from dying it myself etc. I found out how easy it was to cut my own hair and even make it look better than a salon ever did it, so I just never went back.

13. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    Hair cut in my country is dirt cheap in numerous low end establishments and ranges from $0.3 to $0.5. This is not the case with high end establishments where the prices are far higher. I suppose paying inflated prices for a hair cut doesn't make much sense since the hair regrows quickly. Is there a cream one can use to suppress hair growth?

14. maxen57

maxen57Active Member

Threads:
    Where I'm from, I've no problem paying about $2 for a shampoo and haircut. I go to a salon and usually get what I paid for. I have very fine hair so sometimes, depending on the salon I go to, I'm even given a discount. I pay extra to have a treatment and I'm fine with the price.

15. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    This is something really having such a good time as it. I am going to enjoy around it.