How Often Do You Buy A New Car?

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by ExpertAdvice • Nov 30, 2014.

1. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    So, I was watching a car show on tv the other day, where fabulous new cars were being showcased all about, for people to come and observe, get an "up-close look" and actually sit behind the wheel of these vehicles!

Alongside the luxury vehicles, there were more "economical cars" that would more or less fit into the general budget of you and I (if you know what I mean, lol).

But, what I'm getting at is that there was this big rush of cars, and this big rush of people who showed interest in every last one of them, and the question was posed to one of the dealership operators as to whether the number of persons buying cars each year had declined.

But, at the end of the day, my question to myself and to everyone here, is...

How often do we really purchase a new vehicle?...and when I say "new" here, I mean a different vehicle from the one we've been driving...not necessarily "brand new"...

Also, how often do you think we should change or vehicles? Are there practical ways to change our vehicles on a regular basis?

I'd really like to know!

cars.

2. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I've never purchased a 'new' vehicle but I think the statistics state to trade in a 'new' car every five years. Having only purchased previously owned vehicles I would start searching when the mileage gets close to 200,000 miles given that the maintenance has been kept up. Of course if the vehicle is giving you problems you may want to begin searching sooner. Personally, I like the Jeep and I'll drive it until it falls apart.