How Often Do You Service Your Car?

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by luckycharm • Dec 13, 2016.

1. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    Timely servicing of your car is very important for its long life and it also affects many other factors like safety and fuel efficiency. As there are a lot of moving parts in a car it goes through abnormal wear and tear if we do not lubricate the parts on regular intervals. So in the long run we would be benefiting out of timely servicing of vehicles.

But I have seen people only changing engine fuel and postpone servicing of cars. They think fuel and filter replacement is the only important thing to ensure good engine health.

Do you take your vehicle for servicing at regular intervals?

2. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    As a matter of policy I go for full car service in an authorized service center including car wash at least every six months. I take special care that my wheels are well balanced because the life of engine depends a lot on wheel balancing. Other normal routine checkups are apart from these thorough six monthly services like break and accelerator adjustment besides break oil etc.

3. Binu

BinuActive Member

Threads:
    How frequently I service my car depends on how much I am driving and how long it has been since I have serviced my car. I service my card every three-four months. I always take my car to authorized service center for servicing. A regular servicing gives more life to your car.

4. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We have 2 cars which are both 3 years old. The first car is a small Mitsubishi that is required to be serviced every 5,000 kilometers of use. The service involves changing of oil and spark plugs plus checkup of parts needing replacement. Our other car is a Ford Escape which is required to undergo service every 5,000 kilometers of use or 3 months whichever comes first. That’s too costly so I am bringing our car to be serviced every 5 months. Think of the money we can save.

5. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I get my car serviced thrice a year. Unless I am planning for a long trip then a pre-trip service is mandatory. I don't like ugly shocks on the way.

It is healthy for the car to be in good health before it starts choking and gagging.

6. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    Given our usage is thoroughly limited, we do it once in a year. Though an occasional tire or oil change needed to be done, but that too also depends on requirements.

We have hardly gone for a long drive or so with our personal car. Having been driven only in the city conditions, the necessity of getting the car serviced decreases.

7. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I am traveling freak so there is no stopping us from going for long tours. I wash my car myself before and after the trip and change oil/break oil myself but as far a service is concerned I send my car to company's service center for thorough check up and service including wheel balancing which is most important for me.

8. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    If everything goes according to plan I hopefully do not have to go through this all that much. That said, I seem to have awful luck when it comes to cars so it is actually pretty frequent...and not be choice.