How Often Should A Person Go For A Physical?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by DonnaIReilly • Sep 25, 2013.

1. DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReillyActive Member

Threads:
    I go once every six months. How often do you all go for a physical. I am just wondering if once every six months is enough.

2. Mrs. B

Mrs. BNew Member

Threads:
    I think once every 6 months is good. I think the standard is once a year, so you're ahead of the game, but for those who are sexually active and not in an exclusive relationship, it is very wise to get a full physical exam at least once every 6 months. Usually, I only go once a year for a physical unless I'm concerned about something.

3. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think it's more than enough. I go about once every year for a physical unless I get sick or for some other reason I need it. Before that I didn't go at all for a physical.

4. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I feel like the best time would be no later than every year. I feel like health is one of those things we need to be on top of every single minute of our lives so going to take this exam should be a priority in your life. I feel like the older you get the more often you should go for one in general to stay on the safe side.

5. mccanono

mccanonoMember

Threads:
    Once a year is fine. Anyway, you can always go to your doctor if in case you are not feeling well. :) Yearly physical exam would be enough to detect any health problems on their early stages. :)

6. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    I go once a year. It is important to have a physical exam even if you are not feeling sick or something. We all know that early detection of diseases is better than it's too late. There are some exams that can be done every year, every other year or once every three years, depending on your age.

7. whatupswags

whatupswagsMember

Threads:
    My job is in athletics, where athletes are doing strenuous activities daily, and we only require them to have annual physicals. As an athlete myself, I have had two physicals a year for the past two years because it was required by my athletic club. I think that unless something drastic has happened or you have noticed any strange changes in your health, that once year is more than enough.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that going for a physical exam at least once per year is enough, but doing it twice isn't bad either. I've only done it whenever it's required at work.