How Safe Is Online Shopping And What Is The Level Of Consumer Protection When It Comes To Online Sho

Discussion in Online Shopping started by Merlizy • Oct 29, 2017.

1. Merlizy

MerlizyNew Member

Threads:
    I had this experience some days back. I bought an TV online, on delivery it seemed to be in good condition until a week later when it just stop functioning.
    This made me thing of level of consumer protection when it comes to online shopping.

2. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    Online shopping is here to stay. Complaints are always there and methods to redress issues also exist. You can get back to the supplier and sort out your problem.

3. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    Yes I feel your pain. Big items are such a problem to return even though you should get a full refund or a replacement. I hope the site you bought it from will send a carrier round to pick it up. Amazon has always been good with refunds. Once when I bought a wrong phone case they let me keep it and refunded the cost even though it was my fault.

4. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    It's safe but there are certain issues that you could face such as : identity fraud, damaged items, and unoriginal and fake items.

5. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    It is only safe when you buy from reputable stores. If you buy from lesser known stores, then the chance is high that it's fake, used, or of poor quality. Even in Lazada there are a lot of complains about used or fake items, so be careful and just buy from the mall instead.

#5Nov 4, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
  6. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Your product is still under warranty from the company that manufactured your electronic item...check the papers the product came with and there should be information about the product's warranty, usually a yr. Then call the company up and speak to the customer service about what happened to your product. Sounds like faulty product a lemon so you should be able to get another one or a refund, but you might have to pay for paying for the mailing of the returned product. I bought a microwave oven online from Walmart, but when it arrived via USPS, I plugged it in, it didn't even run. I was so disappointed that it wasn't working. I called the company, talked to their customer service, and he deemed it faulty so I had options now. I opted to return it to Walmart and get a refund. It does happen, though rarely that the product is just a lemon though brand new. Good luck with your situation.

Buying online when going to trusted places like, amazon, ebay. stores online sites...many stores have buy online and pick-up with a discounted price too, so you save money...all are safe. When I approach a new site, I check reviews about it and decide whether to buy or not. I usually stick to trusted sites, with good reviews just in case something goes wrong. I like etsy too which I had a faulty purse with zippers that didn't work. I worked together with the seller, to get a new one mailed to me. I paid for the shipping back to the company and got a new purse that works nicely. I love sales to buy things so I save a lot of money, lol!

7. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    If you are making occasional purchases through sites like Amazon, Ebay etc. Then they are safe enough. You are not likely to have any security issues on these sites. But never store your card on any site. And same goes for the other wallets online. You should not waste your resources on those type of the shopping carts. So in that context, it'd be reasonable to see that consumers need to be protected through SSL and other security options.