How To Get Wifi When You Can't Get Cable Or Dsl

Discussion in Internet Broadband Access started by TJMarian • Mar 31, 2016.

1. TJMarian

TJMarianNew Member

Threads:
    Me and my girlfriend have been planning to move away from our apartment for some time now to try to save some money, and the hardest thing about planning the move has been making sure that we can get a reliable internet connection. In today's society, having a stable internet connection has become a necessity for some people who use it for work or communicating with family and friends. We recently discovered a service provider in our area that offers a T-Mobile 4g LTE internet only deal with no data cap or throttling for about $150 a month if you also purchase their mobile hotspot device for $150 as well. I will post a link below for anyone who is interested in this offer. I have not included any referral codes, nor am I aware of any that exist, I just think that this might be good for some people that still want good internet away from the city.

2. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the link, but that would be out of my budget. I do not have that much to pay for services, even if they are unlimited. Also, I seriously doubt it would work here. We simply can not get Tmobile in this area. Good lUck with the move htough. Tmobile does have a great variety of plans, and most of them are quite affordable.

3. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Tmobile is the one provider that always worked in this area, when I had a cell phone. All others were very spotty. Although I can't afford to pay that much for service, and right now, I can't even afford a cell phone. However, it's good to know that there are alternatives, especially in case the current internet provider decides to start throttling my usage once I cut the cable and begin streaming only for my television programming. That's less than I'm currently paying for internet and television, and since I'd have the added bonus of cell service, it's something to consider for the future. Good luck with your move, I hope the new place works out for you, and thanks for sharing the information.

4. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    I was also having troubles to get a stable landline broadband connection in our area. But finally I ended up buying a 4G LTE Huawei wingle (E8372) for $55 and also spent $25 towards a data long term plan from one of our mobile telecom service providers (Idea). Now for next one year I can buy 4G data at a very cheap rate which is 1GB 4G for approximately $0.80 and it again comes down if I go for 5GB data in bulk. It works well for me as my average monthly use comes around 15-20 GB.

It got a very good speed and the wingle ensures stable connection without any disconnections. I was using a Huawei 3G dongle earlier which was very weak in catching signals. But this one is really powerful in getting signals even from areas where signal is very weak.

5. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the info but I think the price $150 a month is on the high side for me. I am currently using a WiFi connection unlimited data supply and it cost around $70 a month. Though I wouldn't say the speed is fantastic. This is from another local internet provider and not T-Mobile.