How To Make A Phone's Battery Life Last Longer?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by NinetyEighty1 • Dec 18, 2017.

1. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    I know many of your out there have experienced your phone slowly draining energy far too fast, usually when that happens it is time for an upgrade and buy a new phone. I was curious of some methods out there that can be used to make it so that a phone's battery won't drain as fast and will last much longer, saving money and energy.

2. dionnextherese

dionnexthereseActive Member

Threads:
    Well one way I know is to not use the phone while it is charging. I am very guilty of this because I used to do this everytime. I can't keep my hands off the phone due to my addiction to it. My friend told me to just let the phone charge by itself to avoid battery damage of the phone.

3. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I have seen on many occasions my phone battery drain down faster than expected, in fact it's always unpleasant times for me as I can't make calls or receive calls when it's totally drained. Even my online presence will be stopped and that affects me much. In trying to make my phone battery last what I do these days is to log out every application I'm not working on at the moment. I also reduce the phone illumination and I keep the mobile locked when not in use.

4. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Don't install too much apps and don't always use wi-fi and other features. Basically, don't use it except for calls and texts and your phone stands to last a whole 24 hours.

5. Athanas

AthanasActive Member

Threads:
    Simple practices that people often ignore may help to extend the battery life. First of all, avoid overcharging your phones batter, i.e, you don't have to exceed 24 hours. The second tip is that only use the battery specific to the phone type. Don't be transferring batteries from one gadget to the next. Also, use the specified recommended charger only.

6. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I make sure to keep the battery last long by charging it on time. You can see that some of the time battery can get drained if kept overnight. And some of the time such battery can have issues with the charging too. So we have to reduce the apps that drain the battery. So this way we can learn more about handling things. And then from there onwards we can manage the battery better.

7. mbuzma

mbuzmaActive Member

Threads:
    Batteries have limited charge cycles, it's going to degrade overtime no matter what you do. You can only attempt to slow down the process. To do that, you can turn off wi-fi, bluetooth, don't use FM radio, set the screen brightness to the lowest level, charge the phone only with chargers that are certified or supplied by your phones manufacturer, and don't overcharge the phone ( this shouldn't actually affect modern smartphones, but better safe than sorry. )

8. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I am sleeping, my habit is to shut off my phone. I don’t care if there is an emergency call. Come to think of it, what is the probability of an important text or call when I am sleeping? That’s 8 hours of savings on the battery of my phone. And when I am traveling, I also shut it off since it is illegal to use the phone when driving.

9. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    The battery to my first smartphone lasted for two years and then got spoilt. I had started the habit of charging my phone with a laptop while using USB. I had no idea the direct current was not good. My battery got swollen and started leaking.

Avoid direct current so that the battery can last. About draining fast, I always turn off all applications I am not using. When applications are running in the background, the battery won't last a day. The other thing is never use your phone while it is charging.

10. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    There are so many ways. It all depends on the applications which your phone has. If there are many apps, the phone consumes much battery. In order to save your battery from draining so fast, you may remove some apps and leave only those that are very useful. Refrain from downloading videos for they consume much storage in your phone as well as games. They consume much of the energy of your phone's battery.

11. Soulwatcher

SoulwatcherMember

Threads:
    The best thing that you can do to have a long battery life is to fully charge your phone. And then let it drain down to at least 30% before you charge it again. I see so many people making the mistake of half charges or charging their phone at 80% or higher and then 6 months later they wonder why their phone battery sucks!