How To Turn Little Girl Shoes Into Little Boy Shoes

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by junemoon • Apr 18, 2015.

1. junemoon

junemoonNew Member

Threads:
    When my children were younger, they use to outgrown their shoes so quickly. With my daughter being a year older my son, I wanted to figure out a way to hand down this cutest little pair of pink Nike tennis shoes to her brother.

I mean, after all, they were in such great condition and cost a bundle. My husband came up with a brilliant idea! He got out a blue permanent marker and colored in the pink Nike swish line with the color blue!

It was of the items, we kept from their childhood, as a memento! I figure they can each have one. Since my daughter is left-handed, she can have the left shoe. With my son right-handed, he can have the right shoe. I thought about getting them bronzed, just not sure!

2. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    That is a great idea to save money! It really is such hard times and baby clothes are not a necessity to spend a lot on, they outgrow them so quick! It is better to save the money from buying clothes and put it on other important stuff like food and diapers.

I have a baby son too. We kept all his clothes from when he was a baby and when we do have another child we can still use the clothes. Even his bouncer and stroller we kept too. They are still in mint condition so we can reuse them if the time comes.

3. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Girl's shoes can always be dyed navy or black to make them more suitable for a boy. I suppose if you have one of each then it's worth buying shoes in neutral styles and colours so maximum wear can be had out of them.

4. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    These days, it doesn't seem to matter as much as it used to. Girls wear blue, boys wear pink, and as missbishi said, there are also neutral colors.

I like your idea though. It was really creative. Those tiny little Nike's are so adorable, I wouldn't want to get rid of them either.