Hungary Internet Tax Protests

Discussion in Internet Broadband Access started by DrRipley • Oct 29, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'm very proud of our brothers and sisters in Hungary right now. They have banded together (currently at the 100,000 body count) and taken to the streets to protest what seems to be a law that could only get worse if approved. Supposedly, from what I understand of it, the lawmakers were seeking to tax service providers per GB of usage, and the people were quick to understand that it was an expense that would ultimately fall upon them, and if left unchallenged would only grow bigger through the succeeding years.

I really think the government should keep its grubby hands off of the internet as much as possible, and I just hope that if it happens for any other country then its people will be vigilant enough to challenge it because an injustice in one nation is an injustice for all especially when the online market and culture is concerned.

Would you guys do the same? What do you guys think of this incident? Who do you think is in the right here? Would you go as far to protect your online freedom?

[video=youtube_share;Hmx6ki-Ww2g]http://youtu.be/Hmx6ki-Ww2g[/video]