Hybrid cars

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by Gelsemium • Mar 16, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not an expert, but I think that an hybrid car has two engines, one electric that runs with speeds under 50km/h (30mph approximately) and the other on regular gas that runs on superior speeds. Anyone has an hybrid? Is it really worth it?

2. Chia

ChiaMember

Threads:
    Yes that is the general idea. So if you are slow down to stop at a red light it would kick into electric mode so you wouldn't have to site there and idle using fuel. Hybrids are definitely worth it because they can travel great distances using little gas. Some can get up to 60 mpg with is 3x the average car. Gas bills ad up fast so it might be a good investment to spend a little bit more on the technology to save you in the long run.

3. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    There is a hybrid that was released by Maclaren it is one beast. It way lighter but the speed is just amazing. It was reviewed on Top gear UK a few weeks ago. If you are going to get a hybrid then that it is the ultimate car to buy.

4. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    LOL, come on, I'd love to have a Mclaren, but if the plan is to buy an hybrid to save money a Mclaren is not exactly a cheap car!! :D I'm going to check out prices for hybrid cars, anyone has an idea if they are competitive with regular gas cars?