I can not change the wording of a new post when I make a mistake in the headline post.

Discussion in Suggestions & Feedback started by daleo717 • Jun 11, 2014.

1. daleo717

daleo717Member

Threads:
    I do not seem to be able to change the wording in the headline of a new post. When I go to edit, it only lets me edit the body of the post not the title. Has anyone else had this problem and can this be fixed so you can edit the title of a new thread post? Maybe I am missing something, not sure.

2. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    I myself never been able to edit my thread titles not just in this forum but in other forums too. They all only allow editing within the post body. So I'm not sure if I'm also missing something or it is just the way it is.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you really want the title changed I'd suggest sending a Private Message to a moderator or admin. Limiting the extent to which you can edit a post is a safe-guard against spammers who could make a post that will get them past the spam filter then alter the message and title later.

4. oldwriter

oldwriterMember

Threads:
    Yes this is a good argument, but you have to weigh-in the fact there is a separation point between productive users and spammers, which becomes more apparent over time.

Allowing a quota of confidence to people who have proven themselves as valuable to the forum should work as a motivation to stay as such.

If a person is unlikely to be spammer, because s/he proved to be a productive poster after enough time and posts, s/he should gain benefits like permission to edit the title of your posts on your own, as a gesture of appreciation and confidence in his or her good skills. Well, it's my opinion.

5. Allison2021

Allison2021Active Member

Threads:
    I thought I was the only one who had that experience. I have had the same experience. I would rather delete the entire thread or post and then start all over again.