I Hate Cable Contracts

Discussion in Phone, Internet & TV started by MVLaHearse • Aug 3, 2016.

1. MVLaHearse

MVLaHearseNew Member

Threads:
    We have AT&T U-Verse and Direct TV. My husband signed up for Direct TV which was kind of a bait and switch for what they did to our bill. They said they "couldn't fix it" without offering (ahem roping us into) a contract. I'm not dumb so I know we will have to ride it out but I thought it was weird and sleazy to tell us we had to have a contract to fix a mistake they made. I'm not blaming the people working there but these cable companies know how to rip people off.

2. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    These are the kind of things that really piss me off, I would paint them a proverbial middle finger in their contract terms and withdraw their service immediately. Nobody is going to disrespect me and my family like that, for that reason I prefer to just contract an internet service with bandwidth capacity enough to watch seamless streaming shows through Neflix,HBO,HULU, Crunchyroll etc.

3. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    In all of my experience with services and contracts over the years, I have consistently found the cable and internet companies to be the absolute worst. It also does not help the fact that here, the company is the same and they pretty much have a monopoly on the services in our area. There is one alternative, and it is not even close to as fast or cheap, so nobody uses it, and the companies both know that. It is frustrating, but yet another sad reality of this life.

4. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, in my experience DirectTV is one of the worst when it comes to jacking up the bill however, I am going to sign up with them again, since I will get a 300 dollar gift card, and Dish is the pits since they are making me lose my local channels. I am going to sign up with Direct for the time being and maybe when I can get out of this environment, I will see if my new provider might pay off the balance of my contract. Sign me up as stuck!

5. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    DirectTV suddenly does raise the prices but threatening to cancel the service works very well. Back then, we used to pay 79.99 dollars for both cable and internet and after just 4 months, they wanted to charge 139.99 dollars. We immediately called them to cancel the service. What they did was ''search'' for something they can offer and came up with a 74.99 dollar offer. What a coincidence, right?

6. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also hate cable contracts but we had no choice when we moved in this location in 2001. Only Sky Cable was available so we had to take it. The installation contract is okay. What peeves me is their disconnection fee of 2,000 pesos ($40). In January of this year, the cable channel for mixed martial arts was gone from our cable provider so I got another cable provider for that purpose. Now we have 2 cable providers (Sky and Cignal) which is extravagant. The old cable is connected to the tv in the living room while the new cable is for our bedroom.