Insanity?

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by JoshTheboss • Jul 16, 2012.

1. JoshTheboss

JoshThebossMember

Threads:
    Has anyone tried this video yet? It seems like a little bit of a joke, but sometimes these things turn out to be really effective. I'm wondering if anyone here has any personal experience with it?

They have silly gimmicks, for example, at the end of the 90 days you receive a t-shirt. They use this as an advertising segment in the show, saying stuff like "YOU GOTTA EARN THE SHIRT!", etc.

Here's the website's description.

"The secret to these mind-blowing INSANITY workout results: MAX Interval Training. Shaun T took traditional interval training and flipped it on its head—you perform long bursts of maximum-intensity exercises with short periods of rest. Each INSANITY workout keeps you constantly challenged as you alternate between aerobic and anaerobic intervals performed at your MAX. The result: burn up to 1,000 calories in an hour and get the most insane body in 60 days."

What do you think?

Tried it? Liked it? Hated it?

Havn't tried it? What do you think?

2. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    I've seen this before on commercials and like all work out videos I think it's a waste for just one reason - once you've done the workout 1000 times and get used to it or bored of it you will find something else to do and forget about the video. Usually these video sets are about $100 which is not worth it when you think about how you can spend that money towards other things that can help your fitness in the long run. You can purchase a good set of dumb bells or weights that will last forever, you can purchase stability balls, tension bands, a medicine ball - so many things that you can use in almost every workout as opposed to limiting yourself to just what the video says.

3. JoshTheboss

JoshThebossMember

Threads:
    Wow $100 is pretty steep for just a workout video. And you do have a point there about the workout getting old. In fact, in fitness there is a practice called "muscle confusion". The premise is that the body gets used to doing certain routines and will no longer offer the body enhancements as they used to. In order to prevent this, they perform "muscle confusion" by switching around workouts and by changing routines often.

Thanks for the tip about dumbells, I'll see how much they cost. A medicine ball would be cool but I don't have anyone to throw it too.

4. tasoncool1997

tasoncool1997New Member

Threads:
    I've seen this before on commercials and like all work out videos I think it's a waste for me because I get bored fast and try to move on to another products and just forget about the DVD. I think the price for the whole set workout is around 100 dollar or up which isn't worth it.

5. mrpotatohead

mrpotatoheadNew Member

Threads:
    I've seen friends get pretty good results with insanity. The science behind it seems fairly sound, though you need to be in very good shape to even start. The price is kinda steep, but the thing with this is that it's not really a gimmicky program or machine or anything, it's just that if you follow it as you're supposed to, you'll probably get the results advertised.

6. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    I downloaded it from some alternative websites....but I like it. They mix up the workouts enough and do something different in each one. You only repeat each video like once a week. It definitely works; I only did it for 2 weeks and could notice results. It really breaks you though; there were days that I didn't want to get out of bed because I was so sore.

7. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    I've seen the advertisements for it and I have to say, it looks extremely tough. Some of the people on the adverts look truly insane, though. Like, they are smiling while working out, who in hell does that? They musn't have any pain reseptors in their body or something.

8. QueenPisces

QueenPiscesNew Member

Threads:
    I've tried the Insanity workout before it is a very grueling workout and I couldn't it make it past 10 minutes even when I pushed myself too. However, for those who have worked out for a long time it is beneficial to them because it does actually work, it even comes with a calendar that tells you what specific exercise you will be doing that day, I believe it is a 60 day workout, when my body becomes used to working out I think I will try it again because it looks like it does get you in great shape.

9. cassien

cassienNew Member

Threads:
    I love the Insanity workout! I bought it about a year ago, in hopes to keep healthy, gain muscle, and lose a bit of weight. My main issue was that I could not afford a gym membership anymore, and I really love working out. The gym was becoming too costly, and I had no equipment at home to keep me in shape. The insanity workout videos appealed to me because I train doing HIIT training (high intensity interval training), and that is exactly the type of stuff insanity gets you to do. As a reader of many different workout manuals and books, I knew that this would be a great way to lose weight, so I thought I would attempt to trust it. In some other work out videos, I find that the workouts they demonstrate don't look effective, but Insanity demonstrated types of workouts I've done in dance class, HIIT training, and sports training.

I was a little concerned about whether or not the video would work, but I went ahead and bought it. The verdict? I LOVE IT! One of my favourite things about the package is that it comes with a cookbook to help you eat healthy and have fresh ideas for dinner! This was an excellent addition because most of the battle is the foods that you eat. It also came with a calendar to track your workouts and help you keep your commitments. They really try to make sure you stay on track!

The workout, itself, is fantastic. No equipment is needed, so unlike P90X, you don't end up having to skip exercises if you don't have what you need. It's all the use of your own body weight, and specialized, specific cardio exercises. It is definitely hard when you first start... you don't expect yourself to be so out of shape! Through the first few exercises in the video, your heart rate jumps up and you begin to sweat! That's the real proof that it works. Sometimes that sort of things can discourage someone from continuing, but remember-- no pain, no gain! I worked through the first few days, stopping to rest when I needed to, and turning off the video when it became too much. Over the course of a few weeks, I was able to finally get through the whole video without feeling like I had to take a break or switch it off. It was obvious proof that I was becoming healthier, and more athletic!

The real proof, however, was when I looked at myself in the mirror. I noticed my waist trimming, and my arms and legs becoming more defined. I was completely camera ready for an event I went to, only a few weeks after starting the program. It was a total-body workout, without even having to leave my home! Insanity is definitely worth the money! Don't give up, and get fit!

10. jenduru1

jenduru1New Member

Threads:
    I have tried Insanity and I feel that it works for me. At the end of the work out I am sweating and next day feel very sore. Soreness only reveals that I must be working muscles. I do admit that I do not use like the schedules calls for but with busy schedule it fits me. My legs are feeling more defined and I like the fact that I don't need any specials weights or bands, it is strictly all your body working out. Compared to all the other videos selling out there I would definitely recommend this product. Of course do not expect miracles from this videos, as always a good balanced healthy diet is a must.

11. xStylezx

xStylezxMember

Threads:
    Insanity is easily one of the hardest workouts I've seen! I didnt purchase but received a copy of the Fast & Furious Bonus Disc, which is the quick 20 minute or so workout. This workout is worth the money they ask certainly, it is that good! It will kick your butt though, and isn't recommended for beginners. Try and see if you can get through it without throwing up, I dare you! :D

12. tommymac

tommymacActive Member

Threads:
    I can never understand why someone would pay so much money for a workout video. There are plenty of free alternatives out there that are just as good.