Instyler

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by SarahLizzie • Apr 13, 2012.

1. SarahLizzie

SarahLizzieActive Member

Threads:
    For anyone who has not seen the Instyler on TV already here is a link to the official site:

When I first saw this product I thought it was a joke to pay so much for a hair straightener/curler. Finally after one of my girlfriends bought one about a year ago, I decided i needed to try it too. My hair is extremely thick, and becomes frizzy in the humidity no matter what I do. I have tried several different hair straighteners, and every hair product available in the stores. Not only has completely straightening my hair been a challenge, but I have never been able to get my hair to hold a curl.
    With the Instyler I am able to make my hair do whatever I want, without putting a styling product into my hair (though they do recommend you use product) and it will hold until I wash my hair again. I was able to get beautiful curls to hold in my hair for over 48 hours! Usually curls fall out of my hair within 10 minutes!

Anyone looking for one piece of equipment that can curl, straighten, flip, smooth, and more to your hair, i highly recommend the Instyler! Though I was able to purchase it at Walmart cheaper than I could purchase it off of the instyler website.

2. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I have not heard of it but I know my daughter would love it. I'll check out the website. Thanks for the information and the Walmart tip. I may just have to get one for a present for her!

3. sergiu23

sergiu23Active Member

Threads:
    How expensive it is? I bought my girlfriend this model: Rowenta Brush Activ 1000 over a year ago as a birthday present. It's a rotating brush, and it does the same things: curls or straight hair. The best part is that it's not as damaging for hair as a regular curler, cause it uses hot air, not direct contact.
    It was about 60 bucks, and she is very, very happy with it. It works fine and it's solid. The curls also last for 2 days, especially if you use it on wet hair. I even tried it once, but don't tell anyone :)
    If it resisted in her hands for over 1 year, it's really good :)

#3Apr 15, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  4. LisaC

LisaCNew Member

Threads:
    Wow, thanks for the link to that site! It looks like a great product, one I would love to try out! I also have very thick unruly hair & I live in such a humid climate that it just gets a mind of it's own sometimes. I love the look of nice smooth hair & this product looks like it might just do the trick :D

5. racechick79

racechick79Active Member

Threads:
    I might have to look into it. I, too, have thick hair. The biggest problem I have is that I have a natural wave in my hair and because it is so thick, it is hard to get anything to work in it. Straightening my hair takes FOREVER because of how thick it is. Does it take a long time to do your hair with it? I just don't want to have to pull and do just little sections at a time because with two very young children, I don't have a alot of time to devote to my hair. Just wondering your thoughts on that?

6. shanontherocks

shanontherocksNew Member

Threads:
    I have seen the instyler. I think I need it because my hair gets frizzy in the humidity. The worst thing was at my friend's baby shower outdoors and we all were taking pictures and my hair was a wreck. I didn't know Wal-Mart had them though. Thanks for your review.

7. cwilson72180

cwilson72180Banned

Threads:
    I have never heard of this before but it sounds great! Hubby wants me to curl my hair more often but like you, my curls don't want to stay in no matter what I try. I am going to check this out and when I come up with the money I might buy it. Thanks for the great review!

8. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    I have seen this in many ads and I know a neighbor who has one. She loves it! I on the other hand don't feel too confident purchasing this. I have extremely thick hair and its very difficult to manage. I have tried numerous gadgets to better my hair doing procedure and I have only found one iron that does the trick - the Chi. Other than that everything falls short. Would it work on really unuly hair?

9. Jailynnsgrandma

JailynnsgrandmaMember

Threads:
    I bought this for my daughter and really like it. I actually use it more than she does. She prefers her other straightener. I forget what kind it is. I had some problems handling the Instyler at first but once I got the hang of it, it was pretty easy.