Insurance for young drivers

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by Galadriel • Apr 24, 2014.

1. Galadriel

GaladrielNew Member

Threads:
    Hi there!

I'm graduating college soon, and am officially being cut off from my parents. I've been covered under my parents' car insurance until now, so I haven't had to worry about payments just yet. I have a perfect record, no accidents, no arrests, nothing like that. What insurance agencies offer the best policies for young drivers? I drive a fairly new car, and am worried the insurance might not be affordable for me. Any help would be amazing! Thank you!

2. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    In the Uk it would be Admiral. They are consistently the cheapest for younger drivers. Their customer service may be poor, but if price is your only concern then I would get a quote from them, as it's bound to be amongst the cheapest, if not outright THE cheapest.

3. Galadriel

GaladrielNew Member

Threads:
    Oops, I think I forgot to indicate that I am in the US. Thank you so much for your response anyway!

4. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    I would recommend you check out insurance.com. It is an insurance comparison website where you can put in the specifications about yourself and then from there you can find a number of insurance companies and then be able to make a decision on which to buy

5. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    It might not be a matter of choosing certain companies but rather making the right moves in other ways. For instance, a defensive driving class, a high GPA, anti-theft devices, first-time accident forgiveness, etc. can vastly help. Does anyone on the forum know of any other ways to lower premiums for young drivers?