Investing In A Toy

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by to7update • Dec 4, 2016.

1. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    I used to buy branded toys for my eldest, as I think the quality of the material might be better and it is better for the baby or young kid as well. I usually buy those toys when they are on sale, so it's less expensive, but my child still got to enjoy better quality toys. I don't mean branded is better, but I did check on the quality as well. Moreover, when I bought slightly more expensive toys, I did not buy a lot of toys too, so perhaps it helped me to save. (I might buy more if the toys are much cheaper.)

I stopped buying toys since a few years ago, as I started to make my own toys for my children.For bicycles, I did not buy good ones, as kids might not know how to take good care of them, so they might still end up spoiling before the next child started to use. :D (My eldest's son last for about 3 years, before my second child started to ride, it was spoiled.)

2. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    About the bikes, I am not going for the most expensive ones because I agree it's a waste of money, but I don't buy them in the supermarket either, as I want them properly assembled.

Pretty great that you make the toys for the kids @kaka135@kaka135, I suppose they love to see you building the toys for them? :)

3. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    You sound just like my father. He brought toys for me keeping my brother in mind and indeed they were durable and my brother used it without a fuss. He used all of my toys and still my mother have some of it as a collectible. :) It is good what you are doing. :)

4. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    @harijobs@harijobs Durable toys are the best, considering kids do play with them. :D

One thing that really annoys me, was that a few years ago we went to McDonalds and they offered a toy with the happy meal. It was a good toy, kids liked it. Today the concept remains, but it's no longer a toy, but just a piece of plastic, junk!

#24Apr 21, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2017
  5. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    I too agree with that. I too enjoyed having those toys which come with the meals but now it is an utter waste and the toys are made of low quality plastics. :(

6. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I tell my kids not to bring those pieces of junk home, and in fact they don't bring them because they would just site around the house unused, so they are better off left for someone who might care, or eventually recycling. Calling that a toy is clearly an abuse.