Is Adding Credit Card Details Onile Safe?

Discussion in Credit Cards started by ADSSOLSN • Apr 28, 2017.

1. ADSSOLSN

ADSSOLSNMember

Threads:
    Technology has transformed how we do shopping these days but it has brought with it new threats. Recently a major bank in our country was hacked and hundreds of millions were siphoned.
    My concern is, if a major bank can be robbed what of a small company's website?
    I no longer feel safe giving Credit card details online.

#1Apr 28, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  2. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I don't there is no problem of giving your credit personal details when shopping online, unless it is your password or unless it is being swiped for duplication and your password is being copied.

ATM nowadays is being manipulated by hackers. They secretly install a duplicating gadget which reads your password. In our country, many foreigners have already been arrested for such anomalous credit credit duplication.

3. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    Even with high encryption and security nowadays it is not possible to stop such thefts. With everything becoming online I too feel it is not safe to give our card details in the online but in my country, our Prime minister is keen on making the whole country go cashless in order to prevent the transfer of black money and to stop corruption.

4. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Although there is still a lot of concern from customers when it comes to this subject (and considering the various scam sites out there, the concern is justifiable), I think it's extremely safe as long as the site is a 100% secure site.

So, you always have to check each website carefully.

5. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I've never used my credit card for purchasing items online because I have the same fears about security. I either use Paypal or choose COD as payment term. Since my Paypal balance is almost always minimal, it serves as a deterrent against splurging. A credit card provider had offered me a credit card that I can use for online purchases only. It has a small credit limit - $600. Although I felt safer about using a card with that limit, I still don't want to use it carelessly.

6. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    To be on safer side I think it will be wise to open a separate account and get a credit card that may not carry heavy amount of money and link that to your account for online shopping. Before choosing a site to make purchases from you have to do extra work of doing research about the website, to ascertain the credibility. Sometimes when I shop online I do that on sites supported by PayPal.

7. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I feel that it is safe to shop online with credit cards, paypal or payoneer because the site is google trusted or has a BBB good rating trusted sites. I wouldn't trust sites that get a bad rating from BBB or ones that are not google trusted stores, so an easy check at norton safe web check, BBB.org checks than you'll be alright. If something does happen here is a good site to be protected when you're in a site breach site incident:

This site has lots of useful information and upcoming chats too so you can be empowered not hopeless. Check homepage for lots of information.

Don't worry the internet is safe just like brick and mortar is safe too. Just like before check your statements, keep the letter or email you've received from the site that's been breached in case you need it for the future and log everything you did if you're victimized which is not likely to happen anyway. If you need to report things so the culprits can be caught ic3.gov is the place to go for internet crimes, FTC.gov and your local police dept. to report being victimized by id theft if it happens. FTC.gov has good information for all. When crime is reported then the culprits will be arrested.

8. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I didn't know Payoneer has got that good reputation to be one of the Google trusted site @Krissttina Isobe@Krissttina Isobe . That's a very good info especially for the fact it's more economical using Payoneer in online transactions especially for those outside the US. Me too if the site is not Google trusted I wouldn't like to have anything to do with it. I hope Payoneer becomes more popular for receiving payments and running transactions online because of its relatively cheaper cost.

9. Jaylen Gomez

Jaylen GomezNew Member

Threads:
    If the website asking for the full info of my card i will not continue the transaction just to be safe.

10. SheleyJ

SheleyJNew Member

Threads:
    It’s not actually so safe. There are many cases of stealing credit card information. Recently this happen to me.

Here is a great guide on

Hope this helps.