Is Android The Best Option?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by farwa nazar • Sep 13, 2016.

1. farwa nazar

farwa nazarNew Member

Threads:
    Hi there!
    If you would ask me...then,YES! Android so far is the best, that one can get. Trust me guys, I have used almost all kinds of phones. I wouldn't say that it's wise to draw a comparison between iOS and android. As long as your pocket allows you, you must enjoy the best. But it is always nice to make a smarter choice by saving a little money and stilling having yourself served with best??

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't say android is the best option. Everyone has their preferences but if I have to choose between buying an iPhone and an android device then I'd probably buy an android device because they are cheaper and I'll still get numerous free apps which I wouldn't otherwise get if I was using using a device that runs a different (obscure or less popular) operating system.

3. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    I am a little bit biased here, but so is everybody I would say, but I do love the Android system. I am just used to it, though, so I know that this is playing a factor in my choice. When it is all said and done, though, they are all pretty much the same, but of course there are little differences that affect each person differently. Take some time and see which works best for you, but if I had to recommend anyone it would be Android.

4. artyarson

artyarsonActive Member

Threads:
    Not sure about the best... however, it's pretty convenient I'd say. And, of course, it's so widely used. All my gadgets are based on Android and everything is functioning pretty much stable. Consistency is key, I guess.

5. farwa nazar

farwa nazarNew Member

Threads:
    Well...in my opinion it's not the characteristics of the thing but, it is your definition of BEST that classifies it as the best or the worst. Ain't so?

6. Casiox

CasioxActive Member

Threads:
    I really believe that Android could be the best option for pretty much most people worldwide, but as we all may know, some people, not the majority of them, but a lot of people prefer Apple devices due to its exclusivity and that sort of thing that people really care about, but other than that Android is way more useful and extense than iOS, Indeed.

7. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    I like Android solely because I endorse and share open source software philosophy. I've installed a custom rom (cyanogenMod) on my device. Is quite neat and optimized for my liking

8. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    I personally prefer Android on smartphones but iOS on tablets. I find that on a tablet, Androids are basically just phones without the capability of calling, whereas iOS has all sorts of extra things on a tablet that isn't on a phone, from what I've found. I like that iPhone and iPad have different apps available though as it keeps the two devices more separate.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have always thought that Apple's products are overpriced, so for that reason alone, I will always choose Android phones as my smartphone. I will only consider buying iPhones if they're cheap and 2nd hand.

10. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I've been using Android phones ever since they've been released. I did try Apple products before but never owned one. I don't know but Android seems to be more user-friendly than iOS though iOS is also convenient to use. I always love Android in light of the fact that you can do tons of stuffs with it as well as personalize it anyway you want, unlike in iOS. I'm not against Apple products because Apple products are in high quality that's for sure and they have one of the best cameras and speakers in a smartphone, and I always like to navigate one whenever I see one however, I still prefer Android over iOS. Not to mention that Apple products are unacceptably expensive :confused:

11. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't say it's the best but it's a good alternative to the more expensive phones. Just as many applications, programs, sites and anything you can think of are as compatible with any other phone as they are with the iPhone.

12. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    Even though I've been an Android user for a number of years now, and I do personally think that it is the best operating system on the market, especially for hand held devices like phones and tablets, a lot is going to depend on what you want that device to do. iOS is more than capable of dealing with most tasks that people want, but for me it's just too expensive, and the core platform is outdated now.

Apple can continue to upgrade their operating system but at the end of the day I do think that it needs to start looking at a hole new build, otherwise they are just going to keep falling behind Android like they're doing at the moment in my opinion.

13. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    The best part about Android is that you have a lot of choices in Android market. There is something for everybody from a noob to an expert. You can have even advanced models at cheap rates. In fact there is stiff completion which forces companies to lower their prices quite often. As customers this is really beneficial for us.

But when it comes to iOS they cater only the premium segment of the society. iOS handsets are usually costly and do not fit into the pocket of common man. Moreover you don’t have too many choices and it is something like a monopoly of Apple.

But I think Android is more prone to attacks and security breaches. Apple iPhones are well known for their durability and security features.

14. Gallade

GalladeNew Member

Threads:
    That's a tricky question. I love IOS better, because there are many ads in Android.

15. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    I do understand what you mean and Android devices do tend to have a lot of adverts on there like you say, but having said that, it's owned by Google and so we are going to have to expect that more and more in the future no matter what device you choose to buy I think.

Apple may not want to go down that route, but I think it's going to become inevitable and when and if their store gets a revamp, I would expect it to be a lot more open source than what it is now, and that would also mean allowing a lot more advertising on there as well.

16. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Pardon me if my opinion runs counter to your belief but for me, the iOs is the best when in the cellphone industry. The only problem with iOs is the high cost of the tag price as if Apple wants it to be for the exclusive use of the wealthy people only. Admittedly, the iOs is much faster than the android because is it tailored for the iPhone unlike the android which is universal in design so any cellphone can use it for operating.

17. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    When it comes to Cellphones, I prefer Android because android is snappy compared to other OS out there. Also, you can download tons of free apps even without rooting your phone compared to iOS. The best thing about an Android Hardware is that it's much cheaper to manufacture than Apple, so you have several options to choose from unlike with Apple, you have to stick with just one model with different variants. One thing I also like about Android is that it's compatible with a vast selections of accessories like wireless mouse, wireless keyboard, and the like peripherals. Android OS can also emulate your favorite console games like PSX, PSP, DS, GBA, SNES, and others--iOS can't do this.

18. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    Simply put Android phones are simple to use, strong and have all the functions you would need in a phone. I would chose Android over iOS any time. I like the simple form of the phone and the free apps I get to enjoy. It's easily the more popular phone when compared to iOS. That it's cheaper doesn't make it look lower than iOS, the usefulness is what counts. I likened it to water and soft drinks, where water is the Android, water is cheaper and the better drink.

19. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I have not use IOS yet. My phone is operated by android. I found it working perfectly. I couldn't compare it with iOs for I don't have a phone or an iphone yet. My son's phone has iOS for it is an iphone and I have observed him that he hasn't complained about his phone's operating system. Therefore, I couldn't make any comparison yet. Well, in my case I would prefer to use android OS.

20. Working Buck

Working BuckActive Member

Threads:
    Not the best but I would pick android over IOS. It will not cost you an arm for buying one. Lots of apps you can download for free, and easy to use. While IOS costs not just an arm, but add a leg as well. Apple just released a new model of the iPhone and I noticed a very nice upgrade...the price!