Is Android The Best Option?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by farwa nazar • Sep 13, 2016.

1. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never used any other OS but Android so far so I am not sure how to react but when I listen to some of my friends using iPhone or BlackBerry and saying good things about them I feel there should be something admirable in them as well but when look at their price I feel I am better off with Android with so many features.

2. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I am for Android always. Not that I am very familiar with iOS but somehow it is just too restrictive. The fact that you need to download their aps fir trivial things like sharing pics etc is really not my thing.

3. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    You are absolutely right, that is the main reason behind the growing popularity of Android. They are open for all addressing various sectors of the society as a whole. But as you know when something is cheap we need to bear a part of the cost by seeing advertisements or something like that. In fact nothing is absolutely free, we need to pay in some way or other.

The low price factor is making Android the most popular mobile OS even though it is vulnerable to many security issues. I think hackers mainly target Android phones as the customer base is really huge there. They seldom attack iOS phones.

4. Working Buck

Working BuckActive Member

Threads:
    I am hands down with android, but your friends have a point on the Blackberry comment. They are good quality phones, if you need a phone for office use, long battery life, good signal strength and not a person who likes to put lotas of games and apps in your phone, Blackberry will surely serve you well. I did use one of these phones but since of the pricetag when they were newly released, I did not bother buying a new one.

5. Binu

BinuActive Member

Threads:
    I have checked iOS and Windows devices,however, I have always used Android powered hand held devices. When it comes to choose a design, there is a variation on Android devices. Many companies manufacture android devices. When it comes to pricing,android devices are cheaper.

6. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    Android devices do tend to be cheaper like you say, and even though I a a big fan of Android, especially over iOS, sometimes the devices being cheaper isn't a good thing. With the Android operating system, we are now starting to see a lot of manufacturers from places like China starting to build their devices around it, and while they are certainly cheap, they aren't good value for money as they are less reliable than the bigger companies such as HTC and Samsung.

The cheaper phones might be alright for short term use, but I have found that if you ant an Android powered device that will last, it's still better to stick to Samsung, HTC, Motorola and LG so the market isn't as wide open as what it appears.

7. ptahm22

ptahm22Active Member

Threads:
    The android operating system has everything I need in an operating system. The proper user interface, it's easy to learn, it's integrated to accommodate different applications and it's cheap. I wouldn't go for any other operating system.

8. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I have used all the options available but reached to the conclusion that there is nothing better than Android OS. I agree, Android has certain risk factors especially compared to iOS but the features available makeup for that.

9. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    There always seems to be a lot of discussion regarding the safety and security of Android over iOS, and while because the iOS apps are ring fenced by Apple themselves so ARE more secure, personally I think if you only buy apps from the Google Play store and from developers that are reputable then you won't have a problem. It's when you start side loading apps on there from anywhere and everywhere that you then open yourself up to the risk of security breaches.

10. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    Since it's the only one I've used so far and it satisfies all my requirements for my mobile phone and tablet, I'm quite partial to Android. Android users far outnumber IOS users and because of this, there are more apps available and are being made with Android users in mind. It's also quite simple if you're switching mobile brands because the interface is basically the same. With an Android gadget, I can get all the features I need minus the hefty price tag.

11. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    I would say android is the best so far as it is easy to use and user-friendly too. I am using Android for more than five years now and when I switch to ios I really feel difficult to use that. It depends on the usage. :)

12. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I think it depends on the person, but after using Android, I complain about the short battery life of these phones. The java and Symbian ones last a whole lot longer than Android phones. But I would have to say that Android phones are good, especially the apps that are free, useful, and varied for that OS. In iOS you won't have much of a choice.

13. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    Ios only existed because of the status symbol you can brag to your peers because you have an apple device. Ios is nothing but an overrated and overpriced non updating OS loaded with useless bloatwares you wont use but can't uninstall. I definitely prefer Android.I know Android is more associated with cheaper phone and tablets but there are also high end devices that uses Android because it is the better system.

14. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    I have experience with both iOS and Android and I don't think Android is the best option, simply because it's too complicated. Android phones become too slow, and they are always updating, what is annoying. iOS is far more simple and intuitive.

15. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I've already been an Android user and I have nothing to complain about (I've always had a very good relationship, without many hassles), but currently I'm an iOS user (and I also have nothing to complain about). It was just a personal choice. ;)

16. Trixen

TrixenMember

Threads:
    I've had my android phone since five years ago and it didn't give me any headaches. So, I guess android is my best choice. I do have an iPhone, though, but I use my galaxy note frequently. I think it's more user friendly.

17. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I prefer android because my iphone gave me nothing but trouble. In the end I gave it away to my daughter who wasn't that keen on it either. I have had android and windows phones too but having tried all three phones I will always choose an android . I now have a Samsung Galaxy A3 which I love.

18. arachnophobik

arachnophobikMember

Threads:
    If you're the typical user that would just use their phone for business/communication purposes then choosing between Android and IOS wouldn't matter much. But if you want to go further, go for Android. You can do a lot of things on Android that you can't in an iPhone, like setting default apps and modifying your firmware, making it smoother or even adding more features to it like longer battery life. The freedom in Android is well worth it compared to IOS in my opinion.

19. DavidLee

DavidLeeMember

Threads:
    In terms of quality, A big NO!
    Anyway, android is user-friendly, common/available (in stock/popularity), affordable, flexible..
    But, 'too-good' many factors doesn't make it the best..Because I tend to believe that the processor/mind is the key factor to be considered to rank iOS..Therefore, as you know, iOS is unbeatable yet!

20. Ani_m

Ani_mMember

Threads:
    I would say it comes down to preference. I find that people who like simpler interfaces go for iPhones. Others go for android if they can work smoothly on it. I've had both, currently have an android and I enjoy it very much. It's smooth, it's fast and I can get more apps. I think the best part is that it doesn't become obsolete as fast as iOS does.