Is Android The Best Option?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by farwa nazar • Sep 13, 2016.

1. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I think Android is the best option if you ask me about the current available apps. Apple phones are expensive. And their maintenance is even more so. And if you ignore the overall pricing spent on them. It can't be good enough on many ways. Instead I'd say it's worth looking at the way Android apps are going. It's nice platform. And it is growing slowly. I'd definitely say that Android is worth taking a look at. For long term use it's lot cheaper.

2. Kookas

KookasNew Member

Threads:
    To be honest , i don't want to spend a lot of money on an iPhone, that's just too extravagant ,additional maintenance costs will be added,comparing the Android,we'll save a lot of trouble , The various aspects of Android are developing and i think Android is closer to people's lives

3. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    You are quite right in what concerns the iPhone price, it's just too expensive, but when comparing with the Android, I consider it to be more simple and reliable. More, if we go for an older iPhone model, it's not that expensive.

4. mbuzma

mbuzmaActive Member

Threads:
    iPhones are a good deal more expensive for no good reason, as far as I'm concerned. I think they are supposed to be more durable compared to most Android phones, but if you take care of your phones and don't drop them often that doesn't matter much. I don't care for iOS and I'd rather buy an Android smartphone since you can get a good one for far less money. iPhones still have a slight performance advantage compared to Android ( on paper at least ) though, but since I don't use my smartphones for any demanding tasks that is of no importance to me.

#44Dec 21, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
  5. Martinsx

MartinsxActive Member

Threads:
    Android version of phones are great but that doesn't mean other products such as IOS and windows aren't good as well. What I would say is that the ability to purchase the particular device one craves determines the best one for such person.

Right now I'm using both android and windows devices and I'm enjoying both of them. I would have purchased Apple products but it's very costly so I stay clear from it.

6. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I'm good to go with Android I've been using Android phones for years and not had any major problem with them. Many think that iphones are better, it's a personal or subjective matter. Android is more easily affordable and can perform all the functions expected of a phone. The fact, there are many persons that are using Android and okay with it, they can as well afford iphones.

7. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I would say Apple never updates their phone,and they go years between phones before they update. These iOS users just get a new phone that is thinner and lighter than the old phone-and it seems the joke is on the Apple user. These Apple phones still keep selling,even if they never update the iphone or not. I would go with more of a Samsung or other android phone, because they come out with new features like- water and dust proofing,curved displays,and iris scanners.

8. Martinsx

MartinsxActive Member

Threads:
    You are absolutely right, android devices are way cheaper than Apple products, and I definitely believe that this is going to be a major factor in deciding people's choices and preferences for Android over apple phones.

Who would want to buy a phone and go hungry for months before recovering from such extreme expenses? Personally, I wouldn't try such and I believe that any reasonable human being won't do so as well.

9. Martinsx

MartinsxActive Member

Threads:
    To me, Apple products are mainly for rich and affluent people who can spend lots of money on just one phone device. I don't think I will ever do such at least for now because my income level isn't that huge to go on a crazy spending spree.

10. dionnextherese

dionnexthereseActive Member

Threads:
    Although I like IOS so much, android is a better alternative for expensive smartphones like Iphones. I both own a Samsung and an Iphone right now. Both of them is okay. When it comes to price, I would go for android because it's so much cheaper and affordable. But when it comes to the camera, I would go for the Iphone because it has a great quality. Both of these phones have great functions for different purposes. I think this just depends on our preference when it comes to phones.

11. mbuzma

mbuzmaActive Member

Threads:
    Many, if not most, Android phones don't get OS upgrades either, if that's what you meant. My old smartphone is still stuck on Android 4.4, it NEVER got an update.

Speaking of iPhones, Apple recently admitted that they degrade (throttle) their phones performance when the batteries degrade. Instead of being honest and upfront about this, iPhone users only discovered this accidentally, through testing. So there's Apple for ya.