Is Crazy Glue still the stuff?

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by Nick2011 • Aug 28, 2012.

1. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    So you remember those old crazy glue commercials that used to come on TV? They showed a construction worker stuck by his hat to a steel beam? And they were like this glue is so powerful that it can withstand the weight of an actual person. So is crazy glue still 'the stuff that people swear by'? Or have they diluted the recipe these days and is it now more like Elmer's glue instead?

2. xStylezx

xStylezxMember

Threads:
    I don't know as much about Crazy Glue, but I do know a lot of people around my area swear by Gorilla Glue. I'm sure Crazy Glue is still as good as it ever was if not better though. Try out Gorilla Glue or something similar in your area, as I imagine most reasonably priced glues will do the job nicely.

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Yep! It still gets used quite a bit. The same goes for Gorilla Glue. I really don't know what the difference is between all of them other than some work better on some surfaces than others do.

4. sergiu23

sergiu23Active Member

Threads:
    In my country if you want a really strong adhesive, you can get Loctite (bit expensive, but the best). As an alternative I would say Ciano 2400, it's less expensive.
    Loctite works on almost anything, Ciano works better on plastic to plastic fixes.

5. Gussie

GussieMember

Threads:
    Yes - SuperGlue, Crazy Glue, Gorilla Glue, and Loctite Super Glue (don't know if it's the same one) all contain cyanoacrylates, and are basically the same stuff. What I like is Loctite has a blue bottle called "Professional", that is the first container of this type of glue that really honestly seals up and unseals again to use all the glue! A lot of the older ones you get to use once or twice, and they become solid and useless. This one (from WalMart) REALLY is reusable, which means you may have a lifetime supply in the .71 ounce bottle!

6. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Crazy Glue, Super Glue, et al still works very well. As Jessi stated, it really does depend on the surface and the material that needs to be fixed. I always start with Crazy Glue and it works most of the time. I'm going to have to check out Gorilla Glue.

7. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    I've never heard of Gorilla glue before. I'll have to check that stuff out. But I am thinking about getting soem crazy glue for a few things around my house. As for surface, I plan to use it on a wooden surface so it should work. I don't see what other surface crazy glue could be used on besides wooden and maybe steel.

8. Pocs

PocsActive Member

Threads:
    One of the best inventions of the 20th century. It's fabulous. I always have several tubes on hand. Wether repairing my nails, car trimming or breakables. It's great. I also have tried loctite. It's also great and holds larger heavier pieces better with less product, but it's a little hard on the wallet. Crazy glue is always my first go to glue!

9. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    My father uses crazy glue quite often to glue minor fixes. I used crazy glued mostly in the past, but it has been over two years since I last used crazy glue. They are a number of people who prefer to use crazy glue.

10. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    Well I guess it's still a worthy investment then. I am thinking about buying a few tubes since some of the stuff around the old household is beginning to fall apart. Just about three items. I don't wanna replace them though because they hold sentimental value to me. They were THE FIRST items into my first apartment. So it's like, when I first moved out at 19 and got my own place, they were the first three items I brought into my very first apartment. So I have kind of grown attached to them, and don't wanna just chuck them away.

11. iampeebs

iampeebsMember

Threads:
    Do you know that people use crazy glue in place of liquid bandaide on cuts? I have not tried this, but have heard it last longer and is cheaper. All I can say is interesting and I guess it makes sense.

12. tommymac

tommymacActive Member

Threads:
    Crazy Glue is still a trusty product. Gorilla Glue seems to be the new thing, but all the hipsters are hot for Crazy Glue because it's "retro".

13. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used Krazy Glue to fix the heel on my daughter's wedge shoe. It still works well and it's still popular.
    I've tries Gorilla Glue too. It works, but it's not clear and invisible you you have to use it on something where the yellowish dried glue won't show.

14. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    One of my aunts glued a tooth of hers back in that had fallen out. :-/

15. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    Well, this is certainly the glue I go looking for when I have a major repair job. That or the types like it such as crazy glue. But I always make sure that I find it in the gel form. This type is easier to control and not as messy. I don't like these glues in the liquid form, they seem to get all over the place, which isn't a good thing.

16. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use Gorilla Glue, I saw it suggested to repair a purse. I have a purse that had a strap that was breaking on me and the bag was fairly new. The glue is great I have used it on several items since I repaired the purse. It does not take alot to work.

17. limcid

limcidActive Member

Threads:
    I think there are so many copycat products that they all tend to be pretty much the same in terms of performance. I think the real difference is in how well the dispenser is designed. It seems that most are only good for one use because by the time you get back to using it again it's pretty much dried up inside the tube! I think that's why you find them in multi-packs.

There was one brand, can't remember which, but it was perfect because the container sat upright (wider at the base) and it never clogged or dried up. I was able to use it repeatedly for a few years!

18. delco

delcoMember

Threads:
    Gorilla glue is solid. I've used it for a few projects, I love the stuff.

19. bogdanbogdys

bogdanbogdysNew Member

Threads:
    Gorilla glue is better but i LOVE the Crazy Glue commercials !!