Is it best to wait awhile, even with time-limited promotional offers?

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by RomanAnthonysMama • Sep 29, 2013.

1. RomanAnthonysMama

RomanAnthonysMamaMember

Threads:
    I'm not too savvy yet in the, "As Seen on TV" department, but I was wondering, is it usually wise to wait til the product is less popular before you call in and order it? I see so many commercials with limited-time offers like, "Call now and we'll knock off 20 dollars and you'll receive this free gift." How legit are they? Do you really get more out of their current promotional deal, or do you save even more by just waiting until the product isn't so mainstream anymore?

2. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Personally, I wouldn't generally buy a product from the TV. However, if you decide you want the product and it is on offer I think it would be foolish to wait as it may sell out before you get the chance to purchase it. I have waited for further reductions in sales but they usually sell out and I regret not buying the item when it originally went on sale.

3. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    Your best bet is to wait and see what feedback they get first! I would rather spend a few more bucks once I know what a product is like.

Either way, these "limited promotion" tend to hang around for a long time. Even when they end, you can probably find another promotion for the same product at another company.

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Waiting for feedback may take so long that the offer may expire before you take advantage of it. Supposing everyone else is waiting for others to try the product first before they buy it? You'd wait for a helluva a long time. . .

So the best thing is to actually call and make enquiries about the product, let the sales people answer all your questions and if you're satisfied with what you hear, go ahead and buy the product. Why wait to hear what others think about the product?

5. Katewon1

Katewon1Member

Threads:
    I always wait until you can buy the item in a store. For the most part I just don't feel that I need anything they sell on TV that desperately that I must buy it right away. Eventually they always sell all that stuff in the stores. I will agree though that you may actually be getting a better deal or more items with the TV promotions. They usually include more pieces or items with the TV deal but then of course you have to pay more shipping charges. It all comes down to what you actually need and how much you need it.

6. mccanono

mccanonoMember

Threads:
    Products that are being sold on TV are overrated. So I wouldn't say that buying products from TV Shopping networks is a wise idea. Most often, you can find better alternatives at your local store / hardware store. :)

#6Oct 1, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2013