Is it easier to shop for young boys or young girls?

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by schomeearnings • Dec 20, 2012.

1. schomeearnings

schomeearningsBanned

Threads:
    I have went to Several Stores looking for gifts for my little cousins, nephews, and little sister. Their ages are three to nine. So with my little sister she is chunkier than most nine year old, so I called my step mother to see what size she wore and I got an I don't know, it depends, I use to have to go shopping for her when she goes with me. Can we say Headache! I was chucky too, and my mother knew my clothing size and could shop for me up until I was 18 years of age. So I thought about getting her a makeup set or baby doll(but once again, her mother is trying to make her out to be older than 9), so do you know what can I get her? Then my nephews they really like anything so I know I can get them out of the way easy! Now, I have some little cousins, there ages are four and five, they love music and Spongebob, and yet I do not know what to get them. So with me having my nephews out the way. Another question is; who is easier to shop for young boys or girls? I HAVE A SERIOUS HEADACHE and Christmas is Tuesday:eek:

2. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    Breathe! It will be okay! :)

Girls clothes ARE hard... because every manufacturer seems to go by their own standards. But if you think it will fit her, buy it, and give her a gift receipt. She can always exchange it if it doesn't fit. I personally don't like make up for little girls, but my 9 year old niece is into it too. She also likes squinkies, furbies, dolls. There are lots and lots of craft kits out there too! Or, if you are close to your sister, you could make a coupon book and have stuff like 1. museum visit, 1. ice cream cone, 1. bowling outing... and then do them with her!
    My son is four so I think that's an easy age, LOL. He loves anything trucks, legos, star wars... he likes puzzles and drawing. You could easily get Spongebob but I'd go beyond that and just get a toy. Legos are awesome because they don't need batteries and they need creativity. Or blocks. Boys that age love to build things and knock them back down! LOL
    Good luck! You can do it!

3. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I have one of each. I think it's hard to shop for someone else's kid regardless if it's a boy or a girl. You never can be sure what they like or what size. Of my own kids, I think it's easier to shop for my son, but a lot of stores don't carry many choices in boy's clothes. One rack of boy stuff to four racks of girl's clothes.

4. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think it is hard to shop for anyone you do not spend time with. Little boys love Lego's I love Lego's, played with my grand children making bridges and castles. Not all little girls like dolls so that is a hard one. Talking books are good for either boys or girls. Tights for little girls or socks for either is always good. Kids like bubble bath also. Merry Christmas.

5. FirstBaby2011

FirstBaby2011Active Member

Threads:
    I agree with your first statement. I have nieces and a nephew that we see about once a week, and it is still difficult to figure out what they like. Luckily, their mom is pretty knowledgeable about their interests, so I just ask her. Maybe see if her mom knows of a certain singer or animal that she likes? Does she have a favorite color or a special hobby?

6. vida_llevares

vida_llevaresActive Member

Threads:
    I find it easier to shop for little girls. There are just so many choices you can take a pick from. From accessories to clothes, you will never run out of options. With boys, you only have limited options. Usually, it ends up to clothes only. With girls, you can buy bags, shoes, accessories, toys and clothes.

7. schomeearnings

schomeearningsBanned

Threads:
    Thank you guys for all of your information. I personally hate make up as well for younger girls. So what I did is got her a little nail polish set that had lip gloss and nail polish, then I got her a baby doll. I hope she likes it. I was just frustrated because my Step mother couldn't give me an exact size, and I know what my little sister likes, however, I do not think it is age appropriate so I was trying to stay away from those ideas. I love the Legos and Paint Sets because she loves artistic things. When I was a child there was this Gymnastic doll that was battery operated, and you could twirl her around on the bars, I wish they had those still available, that would have been the perfect gift since she loves Gymnatics!

8. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    Really? You could have gotten her the Dora the Explorer doll that does an entire floor routine. I have no idea how much it costs through... so there is that.

9. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think it's easier to shop for girls depending on their age and boys depending on their age are easy. I have my two year old daughter and my one year old son. My little girl wasn't as easy as last year this year it was super hard because she doesn't like a lot of things. And my son was super easy because i knew anything that was a car he would like i guess it depends on what they like and their age.

10. Libragirl67

Libragirl67Active Member

Threads:
    I raised two boys and I always had no problem shopping for them. The really cool thing about kids is they will appreciate just about any gift they get. They are generally very easy to please. My boys loved puzzles, books, coloring books, and playdough sets. This also goes for little girls too. The last thing I would do is buy clothes for a child because you don't know the size. There are alot more options. Also little girls love to dress up. So get her a little princess dress up kit or a tiara. Little boys love army men and anything like that as well. Also there is all kinds of barbie dolls and dress up cothes for the doll. Little boys also love the nerf toys.

11. klassiter

klassiterActive Member

Threads:
    I think it is easier to shop for young girls. I think girl clothes are so much fun. There is so much to choose from. You can buy little girls dresses, pants, skirts, sweaters, etc in many different colors and designs. i also love the little accessories they have for little girls that you can get to match their clothing. Shopping for boys is kind of boring to me. There doesn't seem to be as much variety with boys clothes. With boys you get to buy the typical jeans or pants with shirts,and it seems to be the same boring colors. I recently had a little girl, and I love shopping for her.

12. Tribie

TribieMember

Threads:
    I guess it depends on the person. I think it's easier to shop for boys. Shirts, shorts or pants - that's it. You just have to pick the color and print. I think girls dresses are difficult because some material for dresses might be itchy. Sometimes the garters themselves are uncomfortable. Girls are also more picky. What if you buy a color that they don't like. Boys are pretty fine with anything. I never had any problems with my boys.

13. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Since I'm guy, I find it easier to shop for items for young boys. When I go to a toy store, I know the items that a young boy would want. I loved to play different toys when I was young and now I love to tinker with different gadgets now. That's why I know what toys for boys will I choose. But for girls? I have no idea what to get.

14. KellyValentine

KellyValentineNew Member

Threads:
    For me it's easier to shop for little girls. I have 3 and by me being a female I feel I know what they may like. When I shop for my little brother it is so much harder for me.

15. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Young girls, for sure! Giving gifts to girls and women in general is so much easier in my opinion. You can buy makeup, beauty products, clothes and shoes. For young girls you can definitely buy a whole lot more adorable stuff or cute accessories and really nice toys and books. My cousin is currently pregnant with little boy and I am already worried at the things that I'm going to give him as a gift because to me it's so much harder to give gifts to boys.