Is it OK to buy your office supplies online?

Discussion in Office Supplies started by Denis Hard • Apr 29, 2014.

1. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    In my experience shopping online for office supplies is the better way to go. That said, I believe I have had good experiences with the companies that I have used and if things were to go wrong I can see it being a significant problem, so if I did have a problem it would be drastic and then my opinion might change substantially, but thankfully that has not happened yet and so the prices are just way better and are therefore a better option for me.

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think buying office supplies online is ok as long as you don't need them immediately and if they are cheaper than those in department sores. As for me, since I don't run an office supplies business then I just prefer to buy my office supplies at department stores.

3. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I don't see any problems with buying office supplies online although i haven't tried that but I've experience purchasing buying things online and it went smoothly. Although that was a minor purchase. If you're going to make large purchase though, i might be reluctant to trust online store.

4. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    Nah, better to buy it locally unless they were offering som slick deals plus free shipping for the goods. Stores such as Officemax and Office Depot should suffice all your office supply needs.

5. dannyluke1

dannyluke1Active Member

Threads:
    Of course, why wouldn’t it be okay? The good thing about shopping online for office supplies is that you have access to a lot of options. If you are lucky, you can buy the supplies at lesser prices compared to when you purchase them in a brick and mortar store. In addition, a lot of online stores offer discounts for their customers who buy in bulk.

6. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    In my vicinity, there is not the necessity to purchase office supplies online. There are numerous outlets around the city which offer these supplies, therefore, all I would need to do is call around for the best price and. Because of the competition amongst the suppliers, I would in some instances be able to get the goods delivered promptly with no delivery charge and I may be able to pay later. I don't see any disadvantage, in this case, as opposed to buying online because shipping and handling charges would make the offline price competitive.

7. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I think it's perfectly okay and you'd save a lot of time and money online. For example I ordered 20$ set of business cards from vistaprint. And found out that locally it'd have costed me more money. So on that point you can see that office supplies have their own set of the prices and the amount it takes to get cards to you costs a lot. So better to buy online to save time and money.

8. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    I really wouldn't be advising buy such online because a lot of variables can go wrong and you have yourself to blame and also you would turn out to lose a decent amount of money while trying to save more buying online.

Office supplies are some things that are probably put to use on daily basis, so therefore a durable commodity is needed in order to ensure such products lasts a good while and save the office stress of always spending on the same particular product.