Is Lyft In Your Town?

Discussion in Coupons started by nailah783 • May 24, 2017.

1. nailah783

nailah783Member

Threads:
    Hi all!

It's been a long time since I visited this forum, but in that time, I have become a Lyft Ambassador. It doesn't mean much, but it does mean that I am to educate people on exactly what Lyft is and I am allowed to give out the promo codes to new users. So if you have never used Lyft before, the promo code that you can use after you download the app is: GET1T

Yes, I meant to put the number 1 in the place of the I. This promo will get you $5 off your first few rides up to $50 dollars depending on what the promotion is at the time that you download it. At least that's what the promo is in Phoenix at the moment. I'm not sure what it is everywhere else, but whatever the promotion is in your town that is what you will get when you download the app and use the promo code.

Now if you are unfamiliar with what Lyft actually is. It is a ridesharing app very similiar to Uber. I am not going to bash Uber because for some people this is all there is in there town, and they are fine if you don't mind all of the fees and surcharges that they charge. As a matter of fact, I just learned that they have a different fee for people who live in better neighborhoods than for people who live in the other neighborhoods, but that's all I'm going to say about them because I actually do drive for both. Lyft is better though if it is in your town, and I'll tell you a couple of reasons why: 1. You are able to tip your driver in the app so the driver is much more likely to give you outstanding customer service because they are looking for that tip at the end of the ride.

2. Lyft treats their drivers better which makes their drivers want to treat their customers better (remember I said I drive for both, so I know from which I speak)

3. Lyft has a lot less drama attached to it and not as many scandals as other companies so you can feel safe in our vehicles.

Anyway, if you have never given Lyft a try and they are in your area, you should,

1. Download the app
    2. Enter the requested information
    3. Enter the promo code: GET1T
    4. Take your first ride

Who knows? Maybe I'll be your driver!

2. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    To be honest, I really do not know. I would have told you a bit ago that the answer was no, but then I swear I heard something about it not too long ago, so now it is a maybe. I do not use it though, so it really does not matter to me.

3. nailah783

nailah783Member

Threads:
    Well if you ever do decide to give it a try, there's the promo code for you that will give you whatever discounts are in your town at the time. That was my whole point of posting this. That way, if you had a few too many at the bar or if your car ever breaks down and you need a ride somewhere, you've got some discounts on a ride.

4. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    No, here in my country Lyft is not available yet (at least not that I know).

For now, Uber has the crown and dominates this market without practically any competition. The employees usually earn a good "salary" (but the work can be very stressful if the races are in many quantities every day).

5. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    Yes it is, and to be honest i find it kind of better than Uber for a few reasons that i will list in the following, lower customers so easier to book a ride, higher quality of service and competitive prices.

6. nailah783

nailah783Member

Threads:
    Well I'm happy to hear that you like Lyft so much. If you have any friends that need the code, you can give them that up top. Unfortunately it only goes for first time users, but I found a couple of ways around that this weekend too. Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to give out that information otherwise, I would totally hook you up.