Is there a good money making app?

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by Hickorycottage • Apr 30, 2012.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My method is that I make a review of the app then I include my referral code in the review. I try to be as honest as possible when enticing others to use my referral code. I see other people giving false information to other people and that may be effective too but this would not be good in the long run.

2. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    Thank you all for sharing the apps that you currently use to earn a little pocket change on your smartphone. I was not aware so many apps are available that would allow me to earn money or gift cards. This is great information, I will check out each of the apps you all mentioned and see which ones would work best for me.

3. ntegra79

ntegra79New Member

Threads:
    Here's some good apps to earn money

The best apps I have used are Field Agent, Easy Shift, and Feature Points. Field Agent and Easy Shift are both simplified secret shopper apps. I've made about $240 in the past 3 months between the two of them. They are currently only available in the iTunes App Store. Feature Points is also awesome because they pay you just to download free apps, which you can keep or just delete after opening once. I've made about $90 in the last 2 months with Feature Points. You have to get the FP app from featurepoints.com because its not in any app store. The app works for Apple and Android devices. If you try Feature Points, enter the code: MB19AF when you sign up and you'll get 50 points to start with.

4. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hi ntegra79, it's good that you have made such a large sum of money from the apps. Did you achieve that amount by doing the things that the app has provided you like downloading apps and watching videos or by giving out your code to be used by other people? By any means, do you have any recommendations for Android owners?

5. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I didn't realise there were an apps that enabled you to make money, I will have to check Apptrailers out, thanks for the heads up. :)

6. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Never heard about making money out of apps, but after reading the thread, i am impressed. There seems to be a lot of that around, so i will have to try it out for myself, see if it works where i live.

Thanks for the information, guys!

7. ntegra79

ntegra79New Member

Threads:
    lindbergh, I have made about 1/4 of the total money earned on Feature Points by downloading apps myself. Most of the money was earned by referring other people. They give you 50% of everything your referrals download. As for Field Agent and Easy Shift, they do not have a referral program. Everything I've earned with those two was all my effort alone. I have an iPhone so I'm not as familiar with all the Droid apps that pay cash, but Feature Points can be used for Android or iPhone. App trailers has been mentioned in this thread. It's also available for Droid and Apple. App trailers is pretty good but I doesn't pay as much as Feature Points, but it is quicker and easier to do. Another similar app to Apptrailers is Points2Shop. I've just started using it but it seems pretty good. It's in the iTunes App Store and the Droid Market. Hope this info helps you.

#67Apr 28, 2013
    Last edited: May 24, 2013
  8. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    Easy Shift never has shifts available near me! Seems like it pays well too. Boo!

9. emmashopping

emmashoppingMember

Threads:
    I would like to suggest you money saving Apps.

Amazon Kindle
    Swagucks TV Mobile
    Target Cartwheel
    ShopSavvy

10. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have been looking for the same. I do online surveys but would love to find an app where I can earn to being as I always have my phone and am on it a lot.

11. Brandi

BrandiNew Member

Threads:
    mPoints are also on different apps. You do achievements in each app. You collect points then redeem them for iTunes, Home Depot, CVS, Starbucks, Amazon, jcpenney, Barnes & Noble, Gamestop, and Sephora gift cards as well as other items and you can donate to charities. Great if you have kids that you let play games on your phone.

Some apps are

OfficeJerk
    OfficeZombie
    Daily Puppy
    ZapDaBug
    BDZ
    Newercise
    TapDaCookie
    HolidayJerk
    SpinDaSlot
    PlumberCrack
    Judged
    Movifone
    Doggy Rescue
    Insult
    RollDaDice
    Sweep Da Dice
    SweepDaGem
    FlipDaCoin
    EatDaCheese

12. dashboardc33

dashboardc33Active Member

Threads:
    That is a great idea! I was on these apps a while ago but I completely forgot about them. Now that my daughter is 6, she probably would enjoy playing these games and earning points for me. Thanks for the awesome suggestions!

13. clauemi

clauemiActive Member

Threads:
    I've tried some of the ones mentioned but I never stick to them. It just takes too long to earn anything significant. The only app that I've always left on my phone since joining is Screenwise Trends Panel. Technically it's still an app but the difference is you don't have to do anything after signing up to earn. It's a market research program. You just sign up, install the extension on your browser, then install the app on any other devices. You just let it run and search online like you normally do and you earn $1 for each device per week. They also give bonuses every now and then. I've earned $100 in Amazon gift cards since becoming a member in Dec of 2014.

14. GettyYetty

GettyYettyNew Member

Threads:
    I'm using

, it's cool, exchanges credits for amazon and paypal stuff, you have to share apps. Please use my link, if you're gonna check it out.

15. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I use Perk apps. They seem to be the easiest for me. One of their apps you can leave running and it will go through movie trailers and app trailers. I run it on my phone and iPad. Periodically, you will have to interact so the app knows you are still participating. There are two ways you get rewarded. Points can be redeemed for gift cards or get the Perk debit card. Tokens can be used in the Perk Scratch & Win app or you can use it for sweepstakes to win gift cards or other prizes. I also use ShopKick to get free money. You do not have to purchase anything if you do not want to when you are at these stores but at some of them you can also get kicks for purchases if you link a credit or debit card up. I hope this is helpful.

16. katherine25

katherine25Member

Threads:
    My favorite app that pays is apptrailers. I found at one point they weren't playing any trailers so I wasn't able to accumulate points but that didn't last long and now they have tons! I have cashed out three times with a total of $20! That's not bad a ad pay for doing nothing

17. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    I have tried these apps:
    • Cash Points. All you have to do is spin the wheel, scratch cards and spin the slot machine. Once you've earned 1000 points that's equivalent to 2 dollars.
    • Perk Word Search. Same concept as other Perk apps!
    • YouGov. A survey app that pays for each survey you complete.
    • Inbox Dollars. Get paid to open emails, watch videos or click ads!
    • Cash Crate. Same as above!
    Good luck!

18. Leah

LeahNew Member

Threads:
    I use SlideJoy. I'm not sure whether it's available on iPhone but I use it on my android. I love this app because you don't even have to do any work to get money. It only pays small amounts but for what you do, you can't complain.

Basically, you download the app and follow the simple instructions to set it to your lock screen where you see adverts every time you turn your screen on to unlock it. You never have to click on the adverts, you just slide right to unlock your phone and slide left to read the post/article or whatever it is advertising. That's all you have to do.

You earn Carrots (money) each day for just having the internet connected and using your mobile like you normally would, and on the first of each month you can cash out as long as you reach the $2 threshold. I've had this app for just over two months and have cashed out $3 consecutively. I know $6 isn't much and it may not even seem worth it but you can't really complain when you're having something for basically nothing. Also, I kind of like having a news feed on my screen. Once you unlock your phone you won't see any advertising whatsoever. It isn't intrusive at all.

Just thought I should mention that they pay you using PayPal, which is great :)

19. Cilivren

CilivrenMember

Threads:
    I have tried so many money making apps, but all of them have been a waste of time so far. Apps that give you points for downloading games don't credit you most of the time. There are also apps that give you money for watching trailers, but they didn't work for me either. I have been able to redeem 50 cents from AppTrailers once, but after that it jut stopped giving me points for watching videos.
    However, I'll certainly try some of the apps listed in this thread, maybe I'll finally find something that works :)

20. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I am wondering if working these apps is worth my time. For me, it doesn't make much sense that at the end of the month I am going to just make a ten or twenty dollars which sometimes really take a bit of effort to achieve.