Is There Any Way To Make Expired Milk Fresh?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by NinetyEighty1 • Jan 16, 2018.

1. Martinsx

MartinsxActive Member

Threads:
    It's expired means only one thing, and it's that the so called milk is not conducive for consumption again without having any complications. It's called being pennywise and pound foolish because you would be looking at saving money by trying to use the expired milk but end up in hospital bed paying much more to have yourself treated.

2. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    @nangk08@nangk08, The milk that you added must be really spoiled already that's why it became sour? As for me, I added them when they aren't that sour yet, so the taste of the beverage isn't affected.

3. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think there is any tech that can do that. It is one time process. And it can't be reversed. Though the expired milk can be used in the other process. Like making paneer and cheese and other stuff. Also there seems to be benefit for making products which can be used as supplement to existing perishable products. On that note I'd say it's worth checking out.

4. Martinsx

MartinsxActive Member

Threads:
    Putting yourself and health at risk by consuming an already expired milk by using it to produce other supplements, is it really worth the stress? For crying out loud, how much is new fresh milk that one would trying to jeopardize his or her own well-being? The only way I would condone the use of expired milk is if it's to be used for animal food alone and not for human consumption.

5. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Even if there were a way I am certain that my nerves would not even let me drink it to begin with, so it may as well be a waste for me. I would be interested if there were a way to do so, though.

6. Sirius

SiriusMember

Threads:
    I think it's up to the original poster whether they will decide to use the expired milk or not. If the he/she boils it, there will be no bacteria left in it, hence no danger of compromising their health and well-being. The only downside would be that the liquid may taste funny, but if the OP makes cheese or bake a cake with it, even the problem with the taste will be solved. It's not like he/she will take anthrax.

7. Martinsx

MartinsxActive Member

Threads:
    With regards to the original poster or not, I'm still rooting for the general health of others who might think it's proper to save money by trying to make use of expired milk. That the milk is already expired means it has problems already which is detrimental to the consumers health. If you are making a stand point on the expired milk, what would you have to say about spoilt meat? Should a way be found as well to consume it?

8. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    I never heard of any method to refresh the milk. Once an item food is expired it should be thrown away, consuming expired food or drink may harm our health in a way or another.
    I know that if we throw it away is a waste of money, but I think that a good solution for this is to buy less food.

9. walter12

walter12Active Member

Threads:
    Me neither, i find it odd that there could be a method to freshen up or refresh milk since there is no way to reverse the effect of spoiled.

10. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I think the only way to use the expired milk is to add a few drops of lemon juice and make cottage cheese. You can safely use if the milk is 2-3 days old.

11. Sirius

SiriusMember

Threads:
    First of all, there is a difference between expired milk and spoiled milk. The former can still be consumed a couple of days after the expiry date without it being a health hazard, the latter would give you food poisoning.

My point is that you can avoid the food poisoning by boiling the milk for 5-10 minutes. You will kill all harmful bacteria in it. There will be no danger to your health if you consume it. I have seen my mother use expired milk on cakes and cookies and not only I didn't experience any problems, but they even tasted great.

As far as spoiled meat - no, I wouldn't consume it and I wouldn't advise anyone to do it. I wouldn't consume expired milk either, if its not boiled beforehand.

12. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I would not drink sour milk, because you do run the risk of food poisoning from unhealthy bacteria that may have started to grow in the milk. You can put it to good use in the garden though, after you dilute the sour milk with some water-and then go ahead and pour it in your garden garden beds to increase the calcium content. This is suppose to be really good for your tomato plants.

13. Martinsx

MartinsxActive Member

Threads:
    Alright, now you have made your points more clear and understandable to me, so I have to agree with you on that. As long as boiling the milk can get rid of the bacteria that actually creeps in because of the expired state of the milk, making it healthy for consumption then all is good. On the meat part, I'm glad to hear you say no to it because it's 100 percent not healthy for consumption.

14. dionnextherese

dionnexthereseActive Member

Threads:
    I would never do anything to make an expired milk fresh again. If it's already expired then it's expired. If I were you, I would just throw the expired ones and buy another one. If you buy milk that is big, then buy a smaller size to avoid any waste. Don't make anything that will make the milk fresh again because I would prefer to buy a new milk rather than paying hospital bills for ruining the stomach.

15. Martinsx

MartinsxActive Member

Threads:
    Even though there seems to be a good logical statement on making expired milk fresh again, I stick with your assertion 100% in not looking for a means of making an expired milk consumable again. It's best to get rid of the expired milk and buy a new fresh one because it's definitely a good thing to look out for ones health than looking at saving money off using expired milk which might land you or your family member in the hospital.

16. Sirius

SiriusMember

Threads:
    Actually, you can NOT make expired milk fresh again. It is simply expired. There's no way to turn back time. The word which Martinsx used is right on spot - you can make it consumable, but not fresh.

It's up to one's personal preferences whether they should make it consumable. If you're low on money or you're the type of person who doesn't feel that wasting food is right, then I guess, boiling it and using it afterwards is justified. I would personally throw it away and buy fresh milk.

17. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    This milk can be used to make cottage cheese. In fact milk first gets soured and then cottage is made In fact when milk 'cracks' if that is the right word it is not thrown away. The best cottage cheese can be made with 'cracked' milk

18. Natasha0717

Natasha0717Active Member

Threads:
    Wow, interesting question. And something I would NOT try under any circumstances. hahaha (TOO scared of getting sick and throwing up!) I almost for a second thought that maybe freezing it for a while and then letting it thaw out and immediately putting it in the fridge <might> work, but I don't think so. Isn't old milk how they make yogurt though? Because without any sweetener, (I'm just talking your standard raw yogurt with no added sugars, sweeteners, fruits, almonds, coconut, etc.) - it does taste like spoiled milk.

19. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    I surely don't know more about cooking, so I don't have any idea about this, and I don't think it can be possible anyway. I will surely not use that milk for eating purpose in anyway. Surely it can be waste of money, but such expire thing can cause health regarding problem which can cause spending money in hospital. So I don't think one should take such risk.

20. Keibah

KeibahActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't seen, read or heard of ways to make expired milk fresh. I know it hurts to waste especially in bulk quantities. I think there are food recipes you can make with such milk though. You can check out YouTube.