Is There Such A Thing As Cheap Lego?

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by SLTE • Nov 16, 2015.

1. SLTE

SLTEActive Member

Threads:
    My brother is a huge Star Wars fan, and I usually get him something Star Wars related for Christmas. Same goes for his kids. I'd like to buy him some Star Wars Lego, but the sets are so expensive in stores, and they seem to be the same price everywhere I look online. Does anybody know of a good place online where I can order LEGO products on the cheap? Or is that just a pipe dream, and LEGO is always super expensive?

2. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    They are very expensive in stores like Target and Walmart. Try to buy the sets on ebay or Amazon. I like to earn gift cards online and then that way it will not be so expensive when you shop in stores.

3. Gin0710

Gin0710Active Member

Threads:
    I think Mega Blocks are the cheap version of Legos, but if you want Legos you gotta be willing to pay. It seems like now-a-days toys are specifically designed for rich kids and not just all kids. Pretty sad.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I don't think there are cheap Legos, especially themed ones, but maybe you can get one second hand or surplus or old stock sold for cheap from online stores, but I'm doubtful you'll find many. I got knock off brands when I was younger too and I could tell even then why they were cheaper, as they didn't fit as smoothly as Legos did which is why I think they are worth the extra amount, at least. I agree it does kind of suck that they are so expensive though.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Like what has been said, I suggest that you try to look for 2nd hand Legos instead of brand new ones so that you can save money. Try looking on Ebay or Craigslist and see if you can find one.

6. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I wish they had cheap legos since my daughter loves them. You have to get them when they are on sale or maybe finding them online. I looked at eBay at Christmas time, but they really were not that much cheaper if at all. I ended up buying a couple of sets from Target online because they had the best price at the time. I only buy the smaller sets not the huge $100+ sets. It is crazy how expensive they are but they are a really hot toy for kids and adults alike so I do not think the price will come down anytime soon.