Is wraptastic worth it?

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by priteegrl • Jun 8, 2013.

1. priteegrl

priteegrlNew Member

Threads:
    I've seen the infomercial a few times for wraptastic. It's basically a plastic container for your aluminum foil, wax paper or cling wrap that you press down on to cut. The commercial claims that it saves you from cutting your hands or having the cling wrap crinkle and stick to itself which I admit is why I hate plastic wrap. Does any one have any experience with this product? Does it relieve enough of a hassle to be worth buying?

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't think the few minutes a day I spend wrapping food is worth buying a new kitchen gadget. Life is full of small inconveniences. I'm not bothered enough by wrapping food with plastic wrap to spend $20 on a new gadget.

3. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Unless there is some major design flaw with this specific product, it should work just fine and as shown. These aren't really anything new. We used a similar product for years at several restaurants I've worked at, though they were much larger and meant for larger rolls of plastic wrap. The only difference was that they had a sliding blade, where this is just pressing down on it. Perhaps they've never been marketed much to consumers until now.

4. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    I have to agree that you don't need a special gadget for a couple of seconds worth of effort. I think that maybe if you have a home based business that you run and you use foil, cling wrap and or wax paper in larger quantities then this could be helpful. For a regular household however its just not worth it.

5. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Pretty much this. If you spend more than 30 minutes per day wrapping things, then yeah, this is one product you might need, but aside from that, i don't think that it's worth it.

6. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    Can't you just use scissors or something? That's what I usually use when I have to cut saran wrap- since it tends to flip up and stick to itself.

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yup, when you consider buying a kitchen gadget, you have to think about whether the problem that it solves is worth giving up money and kitchen space for.
    If you only spend a few minutes a day using plastic wrap, then you should just forget about Wraptastic and put that $20 in savings or invest it.