Is your PayPal account verified?

Discussion in Payment Methods started by addicted_buyer • May 28, 2012.

1. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    I ended up doing so, because I didn't want to use my money online. I wanted to use it in the real world so I linked a checking account and that was that.

2. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I would imagine life to be much more difficult if your account is not verified. I use paypal for pretty much everything online and I really like having the flexibility to take money out of my bank account, or put money into my bank account as necessary.

3. MasterProX

MasterProXMember

Threads:
    My account isn't verified yet, but after reading everything on here I think it might be a good idea to do so...

4. Gamrpro

GamrproMember

Threads:
    Yes, definitely! I recommend it to everyone. Most people who you buy from or you're paying usually want you to be verified. I had mine verified ever since I opened my PayPal account. :)

5. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    Yep. I registered a credit card during the sign up process.

6. mariaandrea

mariaandreaMember

Threads:
    I have a verified business account and it's invaluable. As a writer, I receive more than half my income via PayPal so it was absolutely necessary. And the customer service for me has been outstanding, and I've never had to worry about sending and receiving limits. I also recently got their new PayPal prepaid debit card that you can link to your PayPal account. I get weekly direct deposit from one job on that card and you can transfer money between accounts.

7. GGGuardian

GGGuardianMember

Threads:
    I have my Paypal account linked with my visa debit card and it allows me to spend well over $1,000 in online transactions.

8. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Yep, it sure is. For starters, it was good for my Ebay interactions that I would've been doing at the time. Beyond that, I also specifically linked my bank account so that I could transfer earnings directly to my account there instead of only being able to use my money online or needing the PP debit card.

9. greenmachine

greenmachineMember

Threads:
    I have had paypal for a very long time. I believe I got verified right away. I have has several savings and checking accounts since I opened a paypal account. Getting your account verified is very easy. They will deposit 2 small amounts then you just report the amounts to paypal. I didn't know about so many rules or you get locked out. I have never been locked out of paypal all the years i have had them. I never keep anything in my paypal to withdraw a large amounts at a time. usually end up transferring it to my checking.

10. novasparker

novasparkerActive Member

Threads:
    My account is verified. I did this because there are several sites that won't allow you use your Paypal account unless it is verified. It's an easy process and well worth the effort to get it done.

11. tetutato

tetutatoActive Member

Threads:
    I have my account verified as well but verified or not, you are still subject to these account "lock-downs" by Paypal so beware. I just verified my account for the sole purpose of making it look more trustworthy for buyers.

12. bryce12

bryce12Active Member

Threads:
    Yes my Paypal account is verified. I do a lot of online transactions and even sell products online so I need a fast and reliable payment processor. Paypal is one of the most widely used payment processors out there and it makes sense to verify your account to get rid of account limits. I upgraded my account soon after joining and my life has been a lot easier since then.

13. leighdu

leighduNew Member

Threads:
    Yes, and the verification process (at least for me) was automatic. They had a way to verify the account belonged to me since I do online banking, and all I had to do was type in my bank username and password. It's pretty easy and it opens up a lot more options for you.

14. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    Getting your Paypal account is a very simple process. The procedure is just to determine that you are the actual owner of the credit card which you have linked to your Paypal account. A very small token sum of money is paid from your credit card account to Paypal. This transaction will show up in your credit card statement with a four-digit code. This is the code that you use to verify your Paypal account. As soon as the verification is done, the money is immediately credited back to your Paypal account.

For those who haven't verified their Paypal accounts yet, please do so immediately. I have a Paypal account which I forgot to verify until I have used it for one year. Then my account became limited. Limited in the sense that I can receive money but I cannot transfer it to my bank account. At that point, I had to send Paypal proof of my identity through my identification documents. I had a choice of proving my identity through my personal identity card, my passport or utility bill. I scanned in my identity card and passport, then emailed it to them. The limit was lifted within 24 hours.

The identification process wasn't very difficult but it's so much simpler to just verify the account. So, to those who haven't verified their Paypal accounts yet, please do so immediately.

15. racechick79

racechick79Active Member

Threads:
    Yes. i attached my bank account to it. Normally I am afraid to give out such information; but PayPal is such a well known and reputable company that I am not too worried about it!

16. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    That's funny, because PayPal being so well known for major snafus, I was reluctant to give out such information. :D I didn't want to do it, so I first did it with an account that I could afford to be compromised and then I relented and did it with another account. But, I was and still am shaking in my boots a bit.

17. youtubedomination

youtubedominationMember

Threads:
    I got my Paypal verified as soon as I registered because there wasn't any reason not to, it increases your spending limit and you're listed as a verified member.

18. Livvi

LivviActive Member

Threads:
    My account is also verified - the limits on a non-verified account are ridiculous and given all my payments are made via Paypal, I didn't really have choice! I also have a Paypal access card, which I have found to be a lifesaver because I can get to my Paypal funds straight away.

19. Jennifer

JenniferActive Member

Threads:
    After reading some of the problems people encountered with Paypal if their account wasn't verified, I decided to have my account verified just in case. I am quite new to Paypal and, although I have a few dollars in my account, I haven't yet withdrawn any of it. Hopefully everything will run smoothly the day I decide to do so.

20. rollybooz

rollyboozActive Member

Threads:
    Mine's not verified yet because I mainly use the money in it to shop online rather than transfer it into my bank accounts. Just didn't bother with the hassle. But I guess I would be doing it soon just in case I decide to transfer the money out and I get blocked by all those obstacles and limits set. Wouldn't want to see all my hard earned money gone away just because I was lazy to verify my PayPal account. That would be a joke!