Is your PayPal account verified?

Discussion in Payment Methods started by addicted_buyer • May 28, 2012.

1. TNSabrina

TNSabrinaMember

Threads:
    Yes, I verified my PayPal account. I’ve had a PayPal account for years and the debit card for about a year. While I am verified, I very rarely use my bank account. I think I transferred money to my bank account only one time in all these years. The debit card makes the need to transfer almost obsolete for me. I just simply use the PayPal debit for online and offline purchases. I really love PayPal!

2. anniep1978

anniep1978New Member

Threads:
    Yes, my PayPal account is verified and linked to my bank account, it was a very easy process for me.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm actually in the process of verifying my Paypal account via Smart Money, so I'm gonna be verified soon. The process is quite easy, although I have no intent to withdraw my Paypal funds because I reserve them when I want to buy stuff online.

#63Sep 22, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
  4. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    ^
    Smart money you say? So it means that you are a Filipino like me. I originally planned to verify my PayPal using smart money since its easy, but I found out that I have a credit card connected to my mother's main credit card therefore I used that one instead.

5. mnicole

mnicoleMember

Threads:
    i have my bank account attached to my paypal so if i receive money or need to put money on my account its easy to do. did it along time ago when i signed up .

6. Cyrup

CyrupMember

Threads:
    Yes, mine's verified!

I try to use my debit as much as possible, saving on debts with credit. This way, I'm not owing anyone (The bank) & I'm being more financially friendly.
    It encourages less spending on my behalf too.

PayPal is also very quick, easy, and relatively secure (Although I have my doubts about the later), so It's all round pretty good.

7. soulglazed

soulglazedMember

Threads:
    Mhm, HAD to verify it so that was one of the first things I did. I'd die without paypal! :p

8. sergiu23

sergiu23Active Member

Threads:
    I verified my Paypal account, cause it's pretty much needed in order to make transactions with other people. Also, many big sites won't pay you unless your account is verified.

9. Snrm

SnrmActive Member

Threads:
    This is exactly what I did. It's really hard to use your money on any website without being verified. Even when you bid on something on Ebay a lot of sellers prefer that their buyers are verified so there are no problems with the transactions. I find that Paypal support and customer service are a lot nicer to you if your account is verified as well.

10. chintu

chintuNew Member

Threads:
    Yes i have a paypal account since more than 5 years and it is verified a long time ago . Paypal never created any problems to be but there where som small disputes like move going into negative but they where solved when i get into contact with them .

11. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitectActive Member

Threads:
    Well, in my country we can't use the paypal account without getting it verified, thanks to government restrictions. So, yeah my account is verified, not doing it just wasn't an option.

12. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I forgot about that. Yes, I'm verified. Both credit card and bank account... I think I had to be verified with my business account didn't I? I've been back to a personal account for a while now.

13. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    Mine is verified. And also I learned that even if your CC expired, your account remains verified so that's a good thing. But you can't use the CC you have there to purchase online.

14. maxparker0

maxparker0Member

Threads:
    I do not have a verified paypal account. I just made my account and forgot about verifying it. But I do not have any problem. I withdraw only sometimes, rest of the times I use the money to shop online. :)

15. Sly14Cat

Sly14CatActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah I had mine verified years ago when I first attached my bank card. My brothers which I just created last week's isn't though, and it's causing a bit of problems but nothing major just yet.

16. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I got a debit card from a bank and have been trying to verify my account with little success. I get a message stating that the card am trying to link has an error, that I should link another card. This has forced me to look for alternatives to access my cash through intermediate companies that enable one to withdraw Paypal funds in minutes, literally into hard cash. However, their charges are on the higher side. I have contacted Paypal support to broaden my withdrawal options.

17. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My Pal account is verified, and I too did it as soon as it was set up all that time ago. At first I did it against my credit card, but then I got rid of that and did it against my debit card. The weird thing is, when a friend tried to set up her Paypal account last year, she could only verify it against a credit card. So in the end she decided against it because she didn't want a credit card. I recently had to add an up to date card and I used my debit card without any issues at all!

18. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I did that when I first set it up. I don't really use one of the accounts that goes along with one of my PayPal accounts, but I have two PayPals, and two separate accounts. I just needed to do that for personal vs business purposes. I have the debit card anyway for both accounts..It is such a joy to have the money available when it first comes in as opposed to waiting for it to be transferred to a bank account!

19. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Me too my paypal account is verified. Everything is so simple because of having a paypal account. I like the debit card you have that makes it fast to use your payal cash.

20. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    No. I was given the run-around way too much. I needed to verify some digits that didn't even appear on my bank bill. I tried asking the bank and they didn't know anything about it and when I tried asking PayPal, they suggested an ID verification process.

I went again and did that process and sent them all the information needed and until this day, I haven't gotten verified.