Jeep Patriot Anyone?

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by Ich bin Gia • Nov 5, 2012.

1. Ich bin Gia

Ich bin GiaMember

Threads:
    Hello,

I am shopping for a new car. After reading some positive consumer reviews on the Jeep Patriot, I went to go test drive one. I liked the fact that it has a 4 cylinder engine, so it does not guzzle gas, but you still get the capabilities of an SUV if you get the 4x4 edition. Upon test driving the vehicle, I found the handling to be great, but what detoured me from buying the vehicle was the noisy engine when accelerating to a higher speed and the budget looking interior. The vehicle has a great price point and is overall economical..too bad the designers cut so many corners :(

Does anyone else have anything to share about the Patriot? I am more inclined to go with the Cherokee, even though it costs more.

2. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I owned a Cherokee back in the 90's that I had nothing but problems with so I swore I would never own another Jeep again! I am sure by now they would be better but I would check into other brands of 4x4's so you can get a good comparison. I would also read up on reviews on the Kelly Blue Book and Edmunds websites, both the professional as well as consumer reviews can be quite informative. If you really like the Patriot, maybe get one that is a year or two used. It might not have the problems that the new ones do and you could get it for much less money.

3. Ich bin Gia

Ich bin GiaMember

Threads:
    Yeah the Edmund's site gave the Jeep Patriot a sub-par review. However, what surprised me were all the positive customer reviews that praised the Patriot and claimed that Edmund's snubbed the vehicle. It seemed that everywhere I looked, the Patriot got sub-par reviews from the professionals, but stellar reviews from consumers and that is why I had to see for myself. I think if the engine was quieter I may have looked past the plastic-like interior, but I think I may just stick with the Nissan Pathfinder in the end since I have owned one before and had no issues with it at all. I prefer to go with a vehicle that I know to be reliable.

4. Ryder13

Ryder13Active Member

Threads:
    I have a liking for Jeeps, including the Patriot. And I sort of like the price too, Good bang for the buck factor IMHO. But I was seriously looking for another vehicle a few years back, and a mechanic warned me away from jeeps. And he was an Indie mechanic too not a dealer. He said his clients with Jeeps seemed to be giving him more than regular visits. But a security company I worked for had one as a patrol vehicle and the drivers all liked it. For me, I have to say reliability is a factor.
    Ryder13