Just The Right Size Of Tv

Discussion in Gas & Electricity started by Alexandoy • Apr 19, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have been contemplating lately because I still get sore eyes due to the glare of our tv in the bedroom. It is a 40-inch flat tv, kinda new, with cable connection. Wonderful colors, all right, but I think the size is too much since our bedroom is pretty small. I think half of that 4-inch will do for our bedroom. Think of the lesser consumption of electricity huh. However, we already have another 40-inch tv in the living room so our bedroom is stuck with a big tv. I have to admit that it’s a wrong decision to get a big tv for a small area.

2. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    When it comes to consumption, yes. a smaller tv would consume less power. You complain about the glare from large tv and that a smaller would probably better for viewing because of the small space. However, I believe that I could be adjusted to suit comfortable viewing in spite of the small space.

3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    40 " TV is a big one. If it is hurting your eyes, maybe you should get a smaller one and put the 40 " TV in the living room if you like. My room which is the master bedroom of an apt. I have a little one the smallest digital flat screen Insignia just 19" and was only $79 and I love it! It can get loud, so I have my control near by to keep the sound just as I want it. Comparing the 2 TV like you said the place it is housed makes a difference so in my room the little 19 " is perfect and for just $79 on sale at Best Buy better yet! Of course it's up to you what you want to do with your TVs.

4. Gad

GadMember

Threads:
    A 40 inch is too big considering that your bedroom is not that big. The choice of purchasing a tv should be based on how many people are watching it, the purpose of the tv and also one's pocket. I would expect a gamer to buy a large screen to enable them to have a wonderful gaming experience. However, for general programmes and movies, I would gladly recommend a 32 inch. Neither is it too big nor too small. It perfectly fits on the wall and will give you an awesome watching experience. It also helps one save a lot since it's not very expensive.