Keeping Truck Tires From Getting Holes

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by Jason76 • Mar 24, 2017.

1. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Trucks have a reputation for being tough and those that drive them don't want to always use them on smooth pavement. Nonetheless, it would be foolish to purposely drive them on terrain full of a huge amount of nails etc. However, the question is, "How do we know a really bad terrain for a truck vs a normal one?". Note, we obviously need to know the answer cause torn tires will cost owners a lot of money.

Anyhow, we can also apply the same question, but slightly modified, mentioned in this thread to cars.

2. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have a car nor a truck but I have learned from my truck driver friend on the truck's tire is protected from possible holes that might be done by a protruding nails along the road, or a sharp pieces of stones scattered on the road or in the mountain.

His answer is very simple. He should check the tire if it could resist such trouble or not. If the truck's tire is already worn out or thin for wear and tear, then he would rather not to gamble to travel. For the nails, he has to compromise it unless he has carefully check the road.