Kids And Phones

Discussion in Phone, Internet & TV started by Achraf • Sep 1, 2017.

1. Achraf

AchrafMember

Threads:
    nowadays you see that everyone is getting addicted more and more to smart phones but the worse is kids i got my brother who is 8 he doesnt get off the phone it's a bad habit for kids they need to play out doors instead.

2. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I can't see any reason that makes the phone something that a child should use. Basically, what they do with the phone is to play some game... So, why not put them in front of a traditional video game? Obviously, everything in a controlled way.

3. Achraf

AchrafMember

Threads:
    that's the thing that upsets me you know i mean some parents they really use the phones so they wont have noises and that kids moving and jumping around the house so they are calm but it's bad it will goes back fire on them i know it does have got some advantages but still the disadvantages is worse for kids

4. jakub

jakubMember

Threads:
    I can understand your point of view in regards to them being addicted to it, but you have to be aware that this is age they are in and playing outsides is not in their norms.

5. Kimika

KimikaActive Member

Threads:
    I do agree that most kids today like to use phones a lot. My cousin's son is just 3 years old, he spends most of his time playing with everyone's phones. He would scream a lot and would be a walking disaster once he doesn't have a phone in his hand. Gone are the days when kids used to play outdoors and tell stories to each other. Kids nowadays play games on their phones and tell stories with their social media friends. I'm afraid of what future lies ahead of us if our children will have leaders who grew up that way.

6. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    I agree, the usage of phones among these children is way too high,and it will definitely have an impact on their physical and mental health.

7. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    Personally, I don't see why an 8 year old needs a phone. I don't plan on getting phones for my kids until they can pay for them themselves. I know some parents don't agree but that is the way I feel. They can call their friends on my phone or on our landline. If they want to play games then they have their tablets that they can do that on. I make my kids go out and ride their bikes or play outside since being cooped up inside isn't good for them.

8. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think that children that are that young should be aloud to use a Phone. The parents must have restrictions and not allow them to be on it for so long and while they do use it keep an eye on them. I mean I know they might want to play and watch videos but they shouldn't for too long 2 hours max I think.

9. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    I got my first phone when I was 16 years old but got to use it more often when I turned 18. I believe my parents did the right thing to buy me a phone after I had grown old enough. My siblings had their first phone when they were just 13 and I must admit that it did not go well for my brother. My parents had to often take and keep his phone away so that he can study. But he would still not study.

I also support your point that parents should not give phones to children but instead find something else to control the child with like buying them sweets and toys. Though I can say my sister was given a phone at an early age of 10 but she used to play games with it and had time to read. She is now 13 and she uses the internet to find answers for difficult questions or read something interesting. :) They are both in boarding school so they only use it during the holiday. ;)

10. Shine_Spirit

Threads:
    The children end up behaving in this way for the fault of their parents alone. After all, children have no power over themselves and if those responsible do not take care of them, it is obvious that they will have no limits.

11. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    Indeed, children have no sense of responsibility nor are they aware of the dangers of the world, therefore adults are required to guide them.

12. Shana Peckover

Shana PeckoverMember

Threads:
    This is a sore subject for me. I have a serious problem with young children having cell phones. I did not have a cell phone until I was 21 years old. I have seen so many toddlers manipulating cell phones in the shopping carts while mommy shops. Part of me says its not so bad, seeing as how technology is always improving, and we do in fact live in a digital world........but the "Old School" side of me says.....its not appropriate!

13. Haroon Rasheed

Haroon RasheedMember

Threads:
    I am totally agree to your point of view that parents should pay heed to their children activities.We should never give cell phones to our children because its too dangerous for their bright future.The biggest reason is that children are unaware of social deeds in this century.I think so that its not wise to give them mobile phones if they are under 18.

14. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am against children using phones or tablets particularly the toddlers. My primary concern is the eyes and secondary is the development of the brain. What if those kids who are using phones would grow up to be morons? We really cannot say because the technology is pretty new and has not been tested that long yet. Our laundrywoman's 2-year ol grandchild was given a tablet to play with so she wouldn't need attention. So far, she already had destroyed 3 tablets since last year.

15. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    I for once I am not encouraging giving phones to kids, not that it's not important they have a phone as a means of communication but the negative effects of them operating one far outweighs the benefits.

The funny thing is that most kids today prefer using a smartphone or android products to simple Java products. As much as phones will be important, kids are easily carried away and their morals corrupted when using such phones.

I think there should be a certain age a kid would get to in order to know explicitly wrong from right without being easily influenced by his peer then a phone should be given to such child. I think age range of 19-25 years upwards is a proper timing for a kid to possess a phone.

16. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Parents should not allow kids for using smart phone for certain age. Sometimes it is okay for entertaining purpose, but it should be very limited. Surely kids are now ignoring play grounds because of this and it is really bad. Not only that, I have seen some parents are purchasing smart phones for their kids which is really bad. I mean giving individual phone at below certain age is kind of waste of money also it is not good for many other reasons.

17. PAYAKNAPAGIISIP

PAYAKNAPAGIISIPActive Member

Threads:
    I would allow my kids to use their gadgets but I am going to be firm about the usage. I am the one who's in charge so my terms are the one they should follow. Not the other way around.
    That is the common mistake that we have adults. We buy them those gadgets and then we complain if they are using it.

18. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    My baby is just couple of months old, however, I will never let him use a phone until he is 13 years old. I will of course let my kid use a hand held device, tab for instance, however, I will not have him a phone. I will allow him to use a tab and play games, read book, search the web, but not let him use a phone. I am against letting kids under the age of 13 use a phone.

19. Kimika

KimikaActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, like at their early age they would throw tantrums just because they aren't given phones to play with. Looks like addiction if you ask me. It's okay to give a child a phone for emergency purposes. Once I'm a mom already, I might give my kids phones so they can call if they would need some help so I would be giving them basic phones. Ones that you really can't enjoy playing.

20. Shine_Spirit

Threads:
    Unfortunately, it's precisely at this point that many parents end up failing to give children much freedom when in fact there should be much more control.