Kids Birthday Party Themes

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by katharinemae • Mar 28, 2014.

1. katharinemae

katharinemaeActive Member

Threads:
    My son's birthday is coming soon and I'm running out of ideas on party themes. During his birthday party last year, we had an artsy party and it was a blast. My son is turning 6 this year. Any unique ideas for a party theme?
    I would really appreciate any suggestions.

2. lauralaneOn

lauralaneOnNew Member

Threads:
    Every theme provides fun ideas for invitations, decorations, activities, favours, and refreshments. Their are various different themes which you can go for. Some of them are listed below-
    1. Knight and princess theme
    2. Beach party
    3. Jungle safari
    4. Slumber party
    5. Pool party
    And don’t forget to ask your child. She may have some great ideas. :):p

3. prose

proseActive Member

Threads:
    Birthday parties with a theme can be so much fun! Another idea for a birthday party would be a superhero party! You could have masks and capes for each guest to wear as a party favor. I have also seen Star Wars themed parties, in which you make light sabers out of pool noodles and duck tape, and each guest gets a homemade light saber as a favor. Another idea is a Minute-to-Win-It Party, where the guests can play minute to win it games to earn prizes, or just for fun. Have fun with it!

4. shoptodrop

shoptodropActive Member

Threads:
    I let my kids decide, and that's so fun. But when they're young you can pick something they are interested in. Whether it be a TV show, a cartoon character, a favorite toy, etc etc. See what he likes and go from there but also get ideas from him about it. It's fun to discuss these things with our kids. :) And they'll appreciate getting to have a say in the matter.

5. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I would go to your local party supply store, they always have lots of themed items - plates, banners, balloons, hats, decorations. I would start there and see what grabs your son's fancy. If there is something he really loves like superheroes, star wars, etc then i would try and build on that. I have done a Thomas the Train theme when my son was young and then we did superheroes, lego, dinosaurs etc. There are so many great ideas on the internet too. Check Pinterest for great inexpensive birthday party themes.

6. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I like the ideas that children give and some have been posted here. Or if your son gives you a variety - mix it up with a couple of them that he has mentioned. At six years old my grandson enjoyed the Spongebob characters. Now at nine he is into a lot of the superheros. I think the safari or any animal theme is a great theme for boys and girls.

7. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always let them pick when they were really little. Then, to save money, I'd buy just a few themed items and fill in the rest with cheaper decorations and things that are available in vivid colors. Grab a couple colors that match the theme, and you're good to go.

For example, if you used themed or character inspired plates, use plain napkins or get the napkins and use plain plates. There are many options. You don't have to have every single item be themed. In fact, I think it gets to be a bit "overkill" when people do that. I think adding some fun, bright, colorful items helps enhance the theme party items.

That doing so also helps save money to spend on other fun birthday stuff is a bonus.