Kids Clothes Are Costlier Than Adult!!

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by naruto100 • May 10, 2017.

1. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @naruto100@naruto100 I am not sure where you went for shopping but in your country (and that's mine too lol) we can buy clothes at different prices and from different markets. You will be surprised to note that the same variety of clothes is available at half price in adjacent market which is not as posh. For instance what you get for $100 in Connaught place in New Delhi, you can get the same for $40 in Chandni Chowk in Delhi. So it's all about what kind of shops and what brands are your shopping for.

2. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I agree that baby girl's clothes are harder to make because of all those designs and laces, and the tinier the item with more details, the more hard it is to make. So no wonder they are more expensive than adult clothing. No wonder baby clothes get sold fast on buy and sell groups that I belong to, because they're quite expensive, and they can get them there at a very cheap price.

3. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @Ray1@Ray1 Yes I have heard about the places you mentioned at Delhi. But I wonder is such market available here too. There are few but for that I have to go very far from my place and for that too I can't take my car because of small roads and heavy traffic. Nearby shops are really costly even they are small shops only. I mean not big brand shops.

#23May 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2017
  4. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You know what I found out? Walmart has very good prices and rollbacks all the time for all sort of clothes. I don't have children so I don't venture to the children's section. I notice though that people are buying children clothes all the time so they must be very good prices. Walmart.com is online so you can check it easily. Walmart's site has a click for local store shelves-but it isn't constant so what you see now may not be in stock when you go, but you get to see prices really quickly-a quick look I saw from $4.50 on upward. Children clothes has rollback prices too. Good luck in finding savings for children's clothes!

5. Belovedad

BelovedadActive Member

Threads:
    It costs more because you have less options. Supply is lower for the children so prices are higher. That's how it has always been and it will never change unless more places produce more clothes suitable for children. This is also why male clothing costs more than female clothing.

6. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @Krissttina Isobe@Krissttina Isobe we have number of markets which sell children's clothes at almost throw away price back in my native country in India. You might not have an idea but we have markets which cater to only "sales" purpose where you can have anything for a fixed price that is almost 1/3 of what they charge in big shops. We do not have Walmart here but Kmart instead. Check this link for your ready reference

7. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @Ray1@Ray1 Yes but not at every cities. I mean you must be talking about Delhi, but at my place I am yet to find out such place. There are some markets which offer some discounts (not that much as you mentioned) but they are far away from my place. I have visited the market once in the past which you mentioned which is really good for all kind of stuff. We can have any item at good price at there.

#27May 21, 2017
  8. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @naruto100@naruto100 :oops:That's too bad, for Walmart has all sort of things even food for much less always. Granted not everything is low price, but most things are lower than retail. If there are thrift shops, they have good things gently used though-all it needs is a good washing in vinegar and you'll have soft and disinfected things. Sometimes I find things I need a quick research on search engines with words like discount or sale on ... at...will yield a good selection. Every time I need something I do that and I find good deals, but if it's a new place or site a new search about them is done too. The mainland of US has lots of "dollar stores" which we don't have in Hawaii, boo hoo, but someday we hope for dollar stores. Good luck in finding nice & good quality children's clothes and footwear.

#28May 21, 2017
  9. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @Krissttina Isobe@Krissttina Isobe Here too there are many stores kind of walmart where many things is getting sell in discounted price. But I don't think there any such market or shop for clothes near my place. In fact such stores have even more cost for clothes in compare to small stores.

#29May 22, 2017
  10. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I already noticed that too. Whenever I have to buy some children's clothing I'm "scared" :p to see their prices.

The difference between the prices of children's clothing for the clothes of adults is really something that until today I still can't understand. What is the point for that? o_O

11. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @naruto100@naruto100 I don't know why you did not come across shops that offer discount on children's clothes in your city and nearby areas but as much as I know your place is one of the best in clothes business. Check some of the links I am providing here for your ready reference. Not ref links please-

12. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @Ray1@Ray1 I know the shop (first link) you mentioned. But honestly there are many other places where I can get clothes with better price. But if I compare all of them with online shopping then I found they are still costly. I have never seen any places here kind of you mentioned at Delhi. I guess Surat is more popular for clothes business, not sure.

#32May 23, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2017
  13. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @naruto100@naruto100 I know Surat is one of the textile cities of India better known as Manchester of East but Surat is limited to cotton cloth only but as far as nit and woolens are concerned there is nothing to beat Ludhiyana in Punjab and you will be surprised to note that they whole-sellers bring big lots from there and sell them in every city in North India at an unbelievable price. You will also be surprised that what is available at these "sales" at $1 costs you almost $3 in branded stores.

14. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @Ray1@Ray1 200% benefit. That's lot. This is surely a good and beneficial business. I have never heard about that Ludhiyana is that popular for that kind of sale. I would love to visit this place for sure if I will go I in that area in near future. Thanks for the information it is totally new to me.

#34May 24, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2017
  15. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    In the UK we don't pay VAT on children's clothing so depending on where you shop, I don't find it more expensive than my own. Of course there are stores where you pay for the brand name but in general I shop at cheaper stores where the clothes are just as pretty. All my grandddaughters old clothes which are in good condition go to charity shops so that someone less fortunae can get some wear out of them.

16. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @littlewitch66@littlewitch66 That's good that you are not paying VAT for kids clothes. I don't know if it is same here, I guess it we are paying VAT for everything. Not sure. Yes branded stuffs are always costlier for anybody. So better to avoid it unless you are really in need of. I am saying this because for kids clothes will not get fit after 6 or 12 months. So spending more money is kind of waste of money;

#36May 29, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2017
  17. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    Yes babies grow out of their stuff so quickly especially in those early months. I didn't mind taking hand me downs as long as they were in good condition but I had a boy first and then a girl so she couldn't wear all his old clothes. They always looked clean and tidy at the start of the day though .. probably not towards the end :)

18. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @littlewitch66@littlewitch66 HA ha.. Yes I can understand that thing now. I guess it is same with everyone.

Yes if two kids are either girl or boys then they can use each others clothes. But not in other case.

#38May 31, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2017
  19. chocolate520

chocolate520New Member

Threads:
    So i am not the only mom who has trouble on buying kids clothes, feel a little better, haha. Kids grow really fast, i usually prepare average price clothes and only a few beautiful expensive one, it's really hard to say no to those gorgeous dress.

20. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    HA ha.. Yes as they grows really fast all those clothes becomes useless after they don't get fit.

Yes we can't avoid them all time as it is for kids. Even I prefer clothes with average price mostly but yes sometimes for occasion I go for those costly clothes too. I can avoid mine clothe but yes avoiding kids clothes is kind of hard. he he