Lack Of Water

Discussion in Water started by efrain silva • Jan 14, 2017.

1. efrain silva

efrain silvaMember

Threads:
    Has anyone out there been following the recent droughts and extreme water shortage in certain places such a California? I certainly have, for one, and the very thought of what is actually going on down there (in full details) is quite a scary one, is it not? I, for one, am terrified.

2. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    This is a terrifying news. A place without water is life-threatening to the residents there. The government should look into this problem. People may exist with less or no food to eat except water for sometime. A hungry person may have more days to live but a dehydrated one won't live a day. Water is important. This is a serious matter and something should be done to solve the water shortage in the soonest possible time.

3. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I have not been following on the water shortage in California but that is very terrifying news. I once lived there and never thought that issues like those would ever occur. That will be very affected on everyone there obviously I hope the goverment takes care of that as soon as possible.

4. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    This is shocking to me, water shortage is a very serious problem in any community. Over 70% of our domestic activities require water and where the water is not there or not enough that would really be terrible. The water authority in California should as a matter of urgency look into this and restore the water as quickly as possible.

5. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    That is really scary and water scarcity is something that can cause chaos and senseless deaths if not immediately attended to. I do remember not having water for more than three days due to a very strong storm that ravaged our country and destroyed electric and water connections. There were just too many people on the streets walking and looking for water to drink and use for their household needs. All of a sudden, something that many people probably took for granted became unavailable. Purified water was being sold at a price that is 3x its regular price and people can't complain because branded bottled and distilled water were even more expensive. We've learned our lessons and we make sure that we have standby water supply when needed but in extreme circumstances, our water reserve will definitely not suffice.

6. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, it's an alarming situation. In many instances, this is caused by deforestation. I believe that if a concerted effort was to be made to bring back trees and vegetation to some of these areas, it would significantly alleviate the problem.This would better enable the groundwater to be contained in the soil instead of being evaporated when it's openly exposed to the sun.

7. Rosemary

RosemaryNew Member

Threads:
    I live in California and we have had flooding this year, I think the drought is over! We got a lot of rain this winter and now we are getting melt off from the snow covered mountains.

8. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    It is the same scenario in almost all the big cities around the world. Rather than conserving this essential resource, people are indiscriminately misusing it. Thus, the ground water table is depleting. It is perhaps high time to give a closer look. Otherwise, human civilization will get extinct like many other species which eventually went out of existence.

9. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    I think it is really a very important point of discussion. In fact it is happening all over the world and not only in California. I live in a place where water was quite abundant in its natural form. But for the first time in my life I am seeing water shortage in our area. We are going through an extreme unprecedented dry climate these days and there is not sufficient rain too.

I think it's high time we change our lifestyles and preserve water. As per latest report from UNO by 2040 one out of four kids will face acute shortage of water. We are cutting down trees, building roads, mansions and also cover earth with tiles which stops water from penetrating into earth. Gradually our natural water sources are drying up.