Lately, I Am Suffering From Massive Hair Dandruff. How Can I Get Rid Of This Dandruff?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by BMT1014 • Oct 19, 2017.

1. BMT1014

BMT1014Member

Threads:
    Hi everyone! I need your suggestion on my problem right now. I am suffering from excessive dandruff lately. I take a bath everyday and shampoo my hair everyday. I also used anti-dandruff shampoo but still, I have massive dandruff. I did treat my hair by using Nizoral shampoo for dandruff treatment though it was effective, but my hair becomes so dry. Some say if you are diabetic or you have liver disease it can also cause dandruff. I don't really know if it was really true. Please give me any suggestions if there's alternatives treatment without making your hair dry. Thank you.

2. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    After a shampoo, dry your hair very well. Apply apple cider vinegar on your scalp with the use of cotton. Take note, rub the cotton on the scalp. Let it dry for 5 minutes before rinsing with water. Then dry your hair. Using cotton again but this time dip it into coconut oil and rub on the scalp again. Leave it for at least 4 hours. Do the procedure every other day for 3 times. That will cure your dandruff.

3. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Which shampoo are you using? I always get dandruff when I use Clear or Vaseline, that's why I don't use those brands anymore. I would suggest you change shampoos and see if it improves, because I read that harsh chemicals in shampoos dry the scalp and cause dandruff.

4. Liezeliezel

LiezeliezelNew Member

Threads:
    I think the simplest way to get rid of a dandruff is using Head and Shoulder shampoo and combing your hair while showering. Whenever I got some dandruff I use Head and Shoulder shampoo, I used it to massage my scalp after that I comb my hair to get rid of the bubbles under a running water. I always do that to get rid of the chemicals and dirt from my hair.

5. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    My wife had this problem even if she was using the Head and Shoulder shampoo against dandruff. An old woman thought her to wash her hair with shampoo mix with nettle tea and after she washes the hair to rinse
    it with vinegar diluted with water.
    Her problem was solved after three weeks, and this was very cheap method!

6. BMT1014

BMT1014Member

Threads:
    Hi @Alexandoy@Alexandoy ,
    I do trust your advice and I will surely try it. Thank you very much. By the way, I have a coconut oil in the house made by my sister. We have lots of coconut fruit in the province and she usually extracts coconut milk from the coco fruit we call it "GATA". She cooks it over a low fire with continuous stirring to produce coconut oil. Can I use that homemade coconut oil? or should I buy virgin coconut oil in the drug store?

@Liezeliezel@Liezeliezel I did use anti-dandruff shampoo but it ain't working on me. I also suffer from falling hair when I used H&S anti-dandruff shampoo. But I think your suggestion to comb hair while rinsing is a good idea. I will try that later thank you for your suggestion I do really appreciate it.

Hi @moneymania@moneymania,
    Right now I'm using Tresemme. I tried to use Palmolive though it helps to lessen dandruff, I suffered from falling hair the same results when I used other brands. I used Nizoral, it was effective but my hair went dry. I am looking and trying another way of treating dandruff without damaging my hair. I think my scalp was really sensitive to chemicals maybe you're right hard chemicals is one of the causes of my dandruff

#6Oct 24, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2017
  7. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    @BMT1014@BMT1014 If Nizoral shampoo was working fine on your handruff, you can solve the problem of hair dryness by using hair conditioneer after washing the shampoo. You can also massage your hair with oil before shampooing your hair. I have not tried Nizoral shampoo but I have tried Clear anto dandruff shampoo and Head and Sholder anti dandruff shampoo. You can try these alternates.

#7Oct 24, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2017
  8. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:

It is really not healthy to wash hair everyday because the harsh chemicals on soaps and shampoo irritates the scalp and that is why you are getting more dandruff. I wash my hair after every two weeks. But if I have plaited, I can wash when I undo the braids and it means I wash after 3 weeks. An expert once said that dirty hair is healthy hair. :D

About the dandruff, I have been experiencing this problem for 2 years now but I recently bought hair oil from our new Muslim neighbor and I have used the oil for two weeks now. I don't have dandruff anymore. I don't apply the oil everyday but immediately my hair is washed and blown dry, I then apply. Because the oil is too liquid it makes my natural hair shrink and so I apply when my hair is being dried out at the salon. The oil is called Hinda hair oil and I think it is commonly used by Muslims because I never saw it anywhere else until my neighbor sold it to us. It also prevents hair breakage when combing.

9. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    As you have already treated the dandruff with Nizoral shampoo and there was no positive results, I would suggest that you don't carryout much experimentation on your hair with lots of suggestions from different people, as there is no guarantee those suggestions would work.

So therefore, I would recommend you go and see your dermatologist as he would be in the best professional scale to prescribe the right shampoo or even cream drugs that would help take care of the dandruff.

10. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    Aloe vera seems to be helping many for the hair fall part. However if you take the onion juice and apply it few hours before bath. And apply it on your scalp and entire head in general. This definitely helps a lot for the hair issues. I have seen people making use of this. And for them it seems like working. Not sure how many people have used it but Aloe vera is perfect if you choose to use nothing.

11. BMT1014

BMT1014Member

Threads:
    Hi Heatman,
    I come to think of that to see a dermatologist too but for now, I will try any suggestion here before I see a doctor. Dermatologist here in my country is quite expensive. If I tried everything but it doesn't work out, well I will do what you have said.

12. BMT1014

BMT1014Member

Threads:
    Hi Mildredtabitha,
    It was really strange to know that a dirty hair is a healthy hair hahahahaha! that was funny but at some point, I think it was true. I remember when I join mountain climbing with friends, I did not take a bath for 4 days and I noticed that my hair produce a natural oil and I don't have dandruff during that time.

13. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    My husband was also suffering from mayor hair dandruff for months and a lady finally recommended he put lemon juice on his hair. The dandruff was completely gone within a week like magic. All one must do is squish some lemons in a container as if you were making lemonade and spread that juice all over your hair a scalp.

14. BMT1014

BMT1014Member

Threads:
    Hi Kamai,
    Thank you for your suggestion. I do really appreciate it. I have some few questions and I hope it's okay. Did your husband rinse his hair after he put lemon? I'm living in the Philippines and Lemon is quite expensive here. Can I use our native lemon? We call it calamansi but as far as I know, it was also a family of lemon. How long should it stay in your scalp? Thank you in advance.

15. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    He would leave it on his hair for about an hour before he showered so he could then rinse it off. You may leave it for longer if you would like as it won't do any damages. The lady did recommend him an hour everyday the least but do remember to distribute the lemon juice throughout your entire head especially the scalp área. Yes, use any type of lemon you have.

16. Kimika

KimikaActive Member

Threads:
    There are a lot of factors to consider when it comes to dandruff, if you are always stressed, chances are you would have dandruff even if you shampoo a lot. Try some remedies like rinsing well after a shampoo, and do not always shampoo your hair since it damages hair. If you have tried a lot of remedies but still having dandruff, try getting a check up done.

17. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I suggest you should add a small quantity of lemon juice and camphor in coconut oil and heat it a little. Then apply it at your scalp and leave the oil there for 15-20 minutes. Do it every hair wash for 15 times and you will see a noticeable reduction in your hair. After 15 days reduce the massage to once in a week and I suggest to continue with it as dandruff is a problem that keeps coming back.

18. BMT1014

BMT1014Member

Threads:
    Thank you so much. I did it recently I put lemon and let it stay in my scalp for almost 30 minutes before I rinse it off and yes it was effective it lessen my dandruff and I also used coconut oil and really helps my hair not getting dry. Though I still have dandruff, it's only a few right now compare before.

19. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    I got rid of my dandruff by shaving my head off for months so I can easily apply

ointment on my scalp. I just bought a cheap generic brand of that ointment and all the dandruff had been gone. After that I stopped using hairstylign products like gel and wax.

20. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    Here in India, we traditionally use warmed up coconut oil with a little camphor just like Ray has suggested. Another traditional remedy which I have personally used effectively is applying yoghurt mixed with lemon juice on your scalp, leave it on for 1-2 hours and then rinse out. This works very well for dandruff and yoghurt also keeps the scalp moisturised. Aloe vera gel extracted fresh would also work very well.