Laundry Soap For The Face And Hair

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Corzhens • May 13, 2016.

1. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is an advice of a local actor who used to be a popular comedian. Laundry soap is best for the face and hair. Instead of shampoo, use the white soap bar which contains coconut oil (you have to check the label for that ingredient) and it will arrest the hair loss and also the whitening of hair. For the face, the white bar soap greatly helps in preventing acne.

The laundry soap is way much cheaper than shampoo and regular soap. But to be honest, I only use the laundry bar soap twice a week because I love the scent of the shampoo and perfumed soap as well.

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm still a great believer that you should use products for what they were intended. If you have sensitive skin then you shouldn't even think about it, and it's irresponsible to promote this to people who may not be very bright.

Laundry detergents are harsh and concentrated and aren't suitable for the face at least. I would advise against it unless you are stuck in a jungle and have no choice.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have always found that laundry bar soap is somewhat stronger than regular soap, so this thought has certainly not crossed my mind yet. I think Perla is more mild though and can be used for the face and hair. Which brand do you use?

4. Saundra Jackson

Saundra JacksonMember

Threads:
    Omg! I never heard that, ins't it dangerous?

5. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    Hmmm..... I have admit - that although I'm generally pretty skeptical about anything recommended or endorsed by a celebrity figure - in this instance even more so - especially as - not only was the person issuing the advice an actor - but a comedian …..........

Apart from that - just the fact that the majority of laundry soaps ( including those made with pure soap ) generally come with a warning on the label - that recommends you wear rubber gloves when using them - is to me more than enough to suggest that its not advisable to use these products either on the skin or hair.

Either way - there really isn't any need to do this - however broke someone was - particularly as - there are an abundance of safer, gentler alternatives to choose from - that cost way less than a bar of laundry soap.

6. maxen57

maxen57Active Member

Threads:
    You realize that you're taking advice from a comedian, right?
    Perhaps his point is to use actual soaps formulated for the body that's mild enough and infused with the good stuff like coconut oil. You can go to Watsons and you will find herbal soaps that are very affordable. Some you can't even find in a regular store but still have the price of the basic neccessity you can always buy. If it's not formulated for the use of people, chances are you will develop a skin condition after prolonged use and I would not risk it just because someone "famous" told me to jump into a ravine because it turned him into an "angel". Lol!

7. Saundra Jackson

Saundra JacksonMember

Threads:
    Also in my opinion, if you don't want to use shampoos and soaps from supermarket, why won't you search some Diy natural stuff online? I think it's much more healthier and cheaper than laundry soap witch described above. Here is one simple recipe. I have done this myself. it really helps to make your hair much softer

8. Shana Peckover

Shana PeckoverMember

Threads:
    Wow, this is insane. Are you talking about Zote? I have heard of using it to clear up acne, but never for the hair!

9. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    Laundry soaps are a bit powerful than the normal body soaps so I don't think it is safe to use it for face and for hair. But my grandma had told me that during her day's people can't afford bathing soaps because it is a village so they just use the laundry soap for their body and hair. I was shocked to hear that. And now I am more shocked after rewarding your post, my friend.

10. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think I would even want to try this, because we all know how harsh laundry products are, and if we place them on our face then it would dry out our skin. We should only use products intended for the skin, since the formulation of laundry soap is for clothes, so it has stronger ingredients.

11. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    Errr, no thanks. I would never use laundry soap for my hair face or body no matter who recommends this. Products containing chemicals like soaps are meant to be strictly used for what it was produced for. Laundry soaps are for clothes. I know some would argue that some laundry soaps are mild and contain lemon and coconut oil so it's safe to be used for the face and the body, but I disagree with this. If anything goes wrong, you might end up with a skin allergic reaction that can be fatal or at least that can cost you money to get sorted.

12. nanachan7

nanachan7New Member

Threads:
    Honestly speaking, when I read laundry soap I could only think of how harsh it could be to our face and hair. I haven't seen a laundry soap with coconut oil but I think they added that so the person doing the laundry will have soft hands. I also think what you use on your face greatly depends on your skin type since some people are sensitive to some products. So I guess you can try it if it's recommended, tried and tested, and your skin can take it. :D

13. PAYAKNAPAGIISIP

PAYAKNAPAGIISIPActive Member

Threads:
    I have used laundry soap for my hair and my face before and actually, it works really well for me. I don't recommend others to do that as well because I know people have different types skin sensitivity.
    I used a bar of laundry soap on my hair because I want to grow faster. It really works. I could see the difference in growth, It is much faster compared to me using shampoo and conditioner. Laundry soap on my face is the funny one, I done that because most of my friends back then use it and I don't want to be left out. It is actually good and it kept me acne free.

14. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I know exactly what this laundry bar soap is and no, I wouldn't try it. Compared with other laundry bar, this coconut oil-based laundry soap might have been gentler but for a person's hair and skin? I don't think so. It is just one of the 'olden' days remedy when people don't have more affordable options. It is quite preposterous to claim that it can arrest hair loss and hair whitening. If these were true, the brand would have gone international and there wouldn't have been so much need to dye one's hair. This isn't the way to save. There are far too many options that can work for the skin and are natural-based as well.

15. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I don't believe that it would be a wise idea to use laundry soap in any form to wash my body or hair. These soaps contain harsh ingredients to counteract dirt, grease, and grime. These ingredients could be damaging to one`s hair and skin, especially if you should have sensitive skin.

16. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Yeah I am wondering if the whole thing was a part of the comedy routine, but who knows, and I would not be too surprised if it actually did work. I think I will just stick with what I am used to, though.

17. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    Ooh no, I would definitely not use laundry products on my skin and hair because they are made to get tough stains out. My skin is quite sensitive so I would end up with tightness and probably soreness. I can imagine aging about 10 years in a week! I will stick to my gentle face wipes and shampoos I know will be suitable for my hair.