Lightinthebox.com Experience!

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by nangk08 • Jul 10, 2017.

1. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    Has anyone here used Lightinthebox.com? It is a shopping site where a great variety of clothes, shoes and other stuff is available. My husband recently bought something he wanted from this site and while paying we realised that we had to pay extra money if we wanted to have the option of tracking its progress. We chose not to have the product tracked and so did not pay any extra money. We waited for several weeks but never received the item. I then wrote to their customer care and they responded saying I should wait another few weeks as it was normal for post to be delayed. I waited further and still did not receive the parcel. I wrote again asking for refund but they never replied back. So our money is gone and it was a very frustrating experience!

2. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No I haven't used this. I spend most of my online bucks on Amazon, I just don't do that much online shopping at the moment. It is just one of the things that I don't do a lot of. I don't like to pay shipping charges.

3. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    @nangk08@nangk08 How did you pay for the items? I once bought jewellery from a site and never received it but I payed through paypal and they got the money back for me as I made a claim. I just looked at the site and they have a paypal option.

4. Misty Jones

Misty JonesNew Member

Threads:
    That is the reason I always use PayPal to shop online. If the store is new to you always check store reviews or seller rating before placing your order. I usually shop calibreapparel.com they deliver on time even support is good but still I always choose PayPal for my security.

5. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    @littlewitch66@littlewitch66 Sorry for delay in replying, I just forgot about this one. Actually I paid it through my credit card and since the people over there say that they did send it but was lost in the mail, nothing I can do about it!

#5Aug 9, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2017
  6. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Well there are 2 things that could have happened to your parcel. It either got stolen or they never sent it in the first place. You could have had a refund if you chose to pay via Paypal. Unfortunately, you didn't, so I suggest you exclusively pay for your purchases using Paypal next time so that you can get your money back if something went wrong.

7. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    @moneymania@moneymania Thanks for the suggestion moneymania. I pay through credit card for almost all of my online shopping but then I usually stick to reliable and reputed sites such as amazon, ebay etc. This was the first site that I shopped from and right now, I am just taking it as a lesson learned! Next time, I feel the urge to shop from a new or a lesser known site, I am sticking to Paypal! :rolleyes:

#7Sep 2, 2017
  8. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    @nangk08@nangk08 Never heard of this site and honestly have never had this experience either. My trusted site is amazon in who believe in the saying "Customer is King"
    You could perhaps go through reviews at this site and see what others have to say about it.

#8Sep 2, 2017
  9. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    @nangk08@nangk08, I have shopped in Deal Xtreme and in Focal Price, and the items arrived after 3 to 4 weeks. You can try shopping there, they seem to be a good site and they accept Paypal. They also offer free worldwide shipping.

10. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    I have never used this website, and i'm sorry to hear about your experience, we all have to go through this from time and time and it's annoying