Look down when you shop

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by goodselfme • May 22, 2012.

1. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I guess the store thinks people don't look down there, or we are to lazy to bend down. :) I would move products if I had to to get to something cheaper. I also look for packages that have bonuses with them, like a free toothbrush with the tube of toothpaste.

2. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    It's a known fact that they try to hide reduced priced items, either on a lower shelf or behind a display of some sort well out the way of view. It's also worth noting that any slightly damaged goods can be haggled for on the till if you don't mind bargaining for them. :p

3. mifinfo

mifinfoActive Member

Threads:
    For the same items, people all like the cheaper one. Make customers not see the cheaper one, customers have to choose a higher one. But online-shopping is transparent, you can compare the same items and choose the best one.:D

4. Yurika

YurikaActive Member

Threads:
    I often do that. That's why i always spend more time than expected even though i didn't have much to buy.

5. MrsR

MrsRMember

Threads:
    Yes, I knew that as well. Stores place the higher priced brands at eye level so people will naturally choose them without looking down or up. I am on a tight budget, so I look at every brand before I buy. I also like to look through the clearance aisle at Walmart, many times they have discounted health and beauty items there. I have to buy sensitive toothpaste and one time they had several tubes for $1.50 apiece and they are normally $3 to $4 dollars. I picked up a couple of tubes. I wanted to grab more but I was short on cash that day and I thought I would get more the next time I was there. Well, of course the next time I was there they were all gone. I also noticed the other day that Dollar General has a clearance aisle and I found some discounted deodorant there. So it pays not only look down, but to check out the discounted aisles too.