Luxury or Performance

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by sulayman • Nov 12, 2013.

1. sulayman

sulaymanBanned

Threads:
    I think that luxury for me is a priority and i sometimes end up getting cars that do not perform so well, but as long as i am comfortable i do not mind.....whats more important for you?

2. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    I like performance over luxury, because I would rather have a great running car over a great looking car any day.

3. SpringBreeze

SpringBreezeActive Member

Threads:
    Like mareebaybay, I'd buy performance over luxury any day. I want to know I'll be getting my money's worth. Nothing worse than buying a new car that spends half its time in the shop. And nothing more worse than being a woman stuck on the freeway, in the middle of the night, having to call a tow truck and someone to take me home. I am scared of these situations.

4. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Luxury means nothing to me. Actually, any of us here chooses luxury to an extent.. we're talking via the internet on a computer with food in our bellies and to many, that is luxury. With that in mind, I live rather simply and I will never buy the latest and greatest and I certainly don't care how I look going from point A to point B. I find that shallow, but I understand it's the way of most.

5. avasmom

avasmomMember

Threads:
    I go for performance over luxury, but this wasn't always the case. When I was younger. luxury won every time. :)

6. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'd for luxury any time. A luxury car will be as good as any only difference is that it will cost you more on gas. Unless that's an issue, I don't see why I'd fore-go comfort.

7. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    Luxury only means the design and look for me. I only care about how a car performs and if it can get the job done well. If a luxury car means it performs well then I am all for it. Other than that I wouldn't even consider purchasing one.

8. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I prefer luxury. I don't mind the car being slow or less powerful, I'm rarely in that much of a hurry to get anywhere anyway. I'd rather be comfortable inside a slow car than uncomfortable in a fast car.

9. Thrix

ThrixMember

Threads:
    I'm almost never in a rush, so I prefer luxury, comfortable cars more than fast, uncomfortable ones. But so far I've been getting both. Those two features usually come together, but the price is big obviously. However, I think it's worth it.

10. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I like to ride around in a nice looking car but I also want it to perform well. There's no point in having a nice looking car if it's breaking down every five minutes. There are some cars like Toyotas that are well made and run well. If I had one that was a bit old and raggedy looking as long as it got me from point A to point B I would prefer that over a luxury car that wasn't running right.

11. bargainbabe

bargainbabeActive Member

Threads:
    I think at this point in my life the two are not mutually exclusive. so I would try my hardest to find both.

12. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer luxury. I would rather be in a car that really has me feeling good and comfortable, than a car that can really go the distance but gives you aches and all sorts by the time you get to where you want to be. Ideally you would want to strike a balance between luxury and performance and make it work.

13. onmywaytoacube

onmywaytoacubeNew Member

Threads:
    I actually would find a way to get both in a car. For example, a car that is luxurious and also performs nicely. Now performance doesn't
    necessarily mean the fastest car, but instead how long it lasts. I would select a car that is luxurious and that would last me awhile,
    and something that would not need to much maintenance, even though it would be a luxurious car.

14. Batiatus

BatiatusMember

Threads:
    I prefer performance. You can buy add-ons later. They are usually not that expensive, while you can't get buy an engine later right. Of course I won't buy a car with a powerful engine if it looks like a tank inside :) I'll try ti balance the things giving advantage to performance.

15. delusional

delusionalActive Member

Threads:
    I like luxury more. I would never even consider buying a Ferrari or anything like that. It would just be a waste of money because you would never be able to drive the topspeed.

16. IndianapolisJones

IndianapolisJonesNew Member

Threads:
    I'd take luxury of performance any day. With speed restrictions and cops roaming around, why waste your money on a super sick car that you can't use beyond maybe 20% capability? Luxury cars allow you to roll around cities and feel as though you're gliding on a cloud. My buddy's dad has a Lexus LS 600 and I can attest that it is so smooth. My current goal in life right now is to be able to afford that car.

17. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Definitely, I want performance or at least something that won't break down. I have a used 97 Ford truck and obviously, it isn't a luxury vehicle. Anyway, though, If I was hauling a family, then my priorities would change. Also, a girlfriend or wife might cause me to seek out a more luxurious vehicle. However, though, note that there are many luxury trucks out there and also ones with two sets of seats.

18. Trixen

TrixenMember

Threads:
    I am more practical. I like simple, comfortable and long lasting cars. Luxury cars can beat you in maintenance costs.

19. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    To be honest... I care about the brand, but if I have to choose between just a "name" or the quality of the product... Without thinking twice I choose the performance of the product (after all, if the product has a name but has no functionality... :rolleyes:).

20. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    My stance is performance over luxury. It's no use have a really comfortable car that is not up to standard performance wise. The car would seem to be a comfortable fell but I would still not be comfortable because I would have to constantly be checking and correcting.