Magic Mesh?

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by YoungNThrifty • Aug 9, 2012.

1. YoungNThrifty

YoungNThriftyNew Member

Threads:
    I was thinking about buying this "as seen on TV" thing called Magic Mesh. Has anyone here tried that? It's supposed to be a screen door that opens and closes itself. I need a screen door because mosquitoes are bad in Texas during the summer and plus I like the idea of it opening and closing on its own so it'll be easier for me to carry things to and from my lawn.

2. tommymac

tommymacActive Member

Threads:
    I've seen it and it seems like an interesting product. I would bet that the magnets would need to line up perfectly in order for the thing to work. And I hope the magnets are strong enough to defend against a strong wind. I know that if a puppy can burst through the mesh, then a 15mph wind can probably do the same. And what about the parts of the seam lines that do not contain the magnets....are those holes big enough for bugs to fly through?

And it looks pretty ghetto. I'm going to pass on this one.

3. neovlad

neovladMember

Threads:
    I have seen it as well but now I see how they make money they are charging $20.00 for some netting with magnets plus the shipping and handling i mean buying anything from those adds is a total ripoff.