Metropcs

Discussion in Landline & Mobile Phone Networks started by Jennifer McGaha • Jan 31, 2015.

1. Jennifer McGaha

Jennifer McGahaNew Member

Threads:
    When searching for a new cell phone company ( my contract with Verizon was up and i did NOT want to be under contract again) i decided to look into things like Straight Talk, Net 10 and MetroPCS. After much research i decided to go with MetroPCS because in my opinion they had the best deals and the best phones. I also did not have to go buy a monthly minute card with MetroPCS and can pay right on my phone.

I decided on a GREAT LG Android Smartphone and the $40 a month plan. Its $40 period. No taxes or hidden insurance, connect or satellite fees. This was a big selling point for me. The phone does everything the comparable model on Tmobile does and cost me $450 less! The coverage is great and i never have a dropped call. I will never go with a contract phone or company again!

Does anyone else have experience with MetroPCS?

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I purchased the Mega Note with MetroPCs mainly because not every one has the larger note. I have not been happy with the service, I don't know if it is the phone or the company. I have gone to the center where I purchased it, the customer service does not exsist. I have apps to go to my company websites and the phone does not always go to the site the tech told be the app was no good. This is a million dollarcompany he is talking about. Some times the phone will tell me it can not get online and I am in my house with internet service right there. I am thinking about turning the phone to a t-mobile pay as you go so that I have better service on the phone.

3. Jennifer McGaha

Jennifer McGahaNew Member

Threads:
    Ick! Yeah, I have only had to call customer service once and it was about a bill payment an so i didnt have to try to fix a phone issue.
    I really do love my phone and service though. It drops in EXTREME rural areas but then so does my Moms phone and she has either AT&T or Tmobile. I can never remember. I have had it for 4+ years(the service.Not the phone. Ive had the phone for a little over a year and so far..No problems.

4. elite1fl

elite1flMember

Threads:
    I had MetroPCS last year and didn't like it. The service was terrible in a lot of areas. If I went into a building forget about it, I lost signal completely. It's funny because I live in Florida, which is one of their home states. I know that T-Mobile took them over last year, so maybe they're getting better.

The one good thing is that after you've had, their service for over 90 days they will unlock your phone. You just have to call them and ask. They'll see if you qualify and then they'll send you an email with an unlock code. If you decide to switch from MetroPCS get the phone unlocked first before you leave them. You can then use that phone with any other byod provider like Straight Talk or Net10. I have Net10 now and have great service.

5. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I didn't know I could ask MetroPCS to unlock the phone. I will call to have them unlock the phone so that I can move it to another provider. I am not happy with MetroPCS at all, I like the phone, I am thinking of going to T-Mobile.

6. Kamarsun1

Kamarsun1Member

Threads:
    Metro PCS is not bad, you basically get what you paid for. I will say they have gotten better over time, and have much better phones then in the past. Metro works much better in the city then the country (been there and done that)