Mobile Apps For Fitness - Can It Save Money For Us?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by naruto100 • Apr 6, 2017.

1. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    I have heard about one fitness app from friend which is providing many features. It is having calorie meter about almost all kind of food even for local food of my country. Not only calorie it can also tells about other feature of food like how much fat it contains and how much protein and other important thing it have.

It can also track the daily food we are having and how much we need to cut out for losing weight. It is also having trainer option where trainer can guide us through video chatting. But we need to pay for it. But it should be reasonable charge.

So what do you think? I haven't tried anything like this, but can it replace the actual gym and save money like that way?

2. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    Sounds nothing different from may fitness apps that are found in market today.

It is a good way to keep track of what we take in and the amount of exercise that we may be needing to be in good shape however, ultimately it needs motivation to actually exercise or change your diet.

If you are willing to put in efforts to do as it advises then it is an awesome way to save cash on gym and junk food!

What's the name of the app by the way?

3. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @Decentlady@Decentlady Actually I am talking about normal apps only which are having functions. The app which I am saying about is I guess healthify.

Yes motivation is needed in everything either you go for gym or do exercise and dieting at home. So it is eligible for both the things. Yes it can save money if it can really works. Though I never experienced any so I posted it here if anyone with experience can share the experience.

#3Apr 7, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2017
  4. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Well those apps only track our movements, in the end it's all up to our will and resolve to lose weight, and we need to be at least active plus and a couple of gym equipments for that, so no, I don't think those apps can really replace going to the gym.

5. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @moneymania@moneymania Even for gym one must do work and movement. After paying money for gym if person is not attending it on regular basis then even it is waste of money only.

I am not sure how this app will helpful as I never use it personally. But yes even for this one person should be dedicated and exercise regularly. I don't think for exercising for losing weight gym is necessary. If one is doing proper dieting with consistent exercising then he can lose weight for sure.

#5Apr 19, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  6. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    @naruto100@naruto100, Actually, some fitness apps are quite useful, like a pedometer that can keep track of how many steps you take in a day. My friend told me that to be fit, you need to walk at least 10,000 steps a day, but she only manages to walk around 4,000, so I think it's a great way to keep track of how "fit" we are, but it should not replace going to the gym or proper diet and exercise.

7. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @moneymania@moneymania Yes it tracks lots of thing for sure. Yes app is not going to force us for all that, we have to move our butts to keep going. Lol.

These days few apps also offering expert trainers who can offer you good diet and other tips by video calling. So it is kind of having personal trainer. Benefits are there but people have to take advantage of the same. Even for gym it is like same. Gym is here, but if we are not used to of it regularly then there is no meaning of it.

#7Apr 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  8. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    This sounds good. Those who are very conscious of their weight, of their health status particularly the foods that they are eat in which they contribute to them of getting much calories. Women are so particular with this kind of mobile phone apps.

In my case, I have a different app installed in my smartphone. It is a health app. I am using this every time I start my early morning brisk walking exercise. It monitors the miles/kilometers tread, the number of calories burned. I find it very useful.

9. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @Nakitakona@Nakitakona Yes its good for those who love to track their food habit and other. Personally I am not using any kind of app right now. As you mentioned you are having app for tracking your running and walking data. I have fitness belt for the same. It do track all my activities and calorie burn and show it on its display. So I can easily manage many daily workout.

#9Apr 21, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2017
  10. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    They say time is money, so in a way they do, but these fitness apps can really help you stay fit-but they will do it without a big time commitment. These apps will let you customize your workouts by asking you- what part of the body with your workout you want to focus on,and how many reps you need to do. The problem is, they have so many of these apps, you have to make a decision- which fitness app is best for you ?

11. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    I agree with this. Among all, sometimes it may be hard for us to find the best suitable for us. Even if it is good for others, it may possible that it don't suit us. So even reviews don't work sometimes. Unless we try our own self we can't be so sure about it. But yes once someone get the suitable app then he can surely do good in saving money too.

12. Athanas

AthanasActive Member

Threads:
    The most disadvantage with the mobile apps is that they are standardised and can not be readjusted to fit the needs of individuals. I would prefer going to a physicalgym and face my training master. Trainees learn at different rates and the training master can adjust according to the different levelsof the trainees.

13. Cmllc

CmllcNew Member

Threads:
    They will drive you to spend more... After your trial, there will be in-store purchases, offline courses, etc.